ESPN 30for30 Tommy Morrison

Rulz

All-American
Jan 9, 2005
8,091
5,651
0
Damn.

I supposed there's some on here that might have known him or met him in person or whatever. The film made him out to be a party animal and his losses to Bentt and Mercer were due to partying.

I have no real significant first hand accounts, never really knew him, met him once at the Ocean Club in Tulsa. I didn't really talk with him, he talked to a buddy of mine, I shook his hand and that was it. He definitely got attention.

It's easy to see that the fame and attention would be hard to handle at that age, big guy, the whole deal. I'm not much of a boxing fan either, so I can't really give a valid opinion on his career either.

But damn...it's just sad to see how he ended up. Hard to believe that the guy at the end of the life was the guy who lived it during his heyday.
 

hollywood

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
50,697
3,345
113
If he hadn't gone into denial, he may have had a chance to extend his life considerably, like Magic Johnson has.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  2. 02 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  5. 05 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4