Epstein leaves the Cubs...

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,591
8,570
102
Breaking: Theo Epstein has resigned as president of baseball operations for the Chicago Cubs, per team announcement pic.twitter.com/32TixQAxOB— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) November 17, 2020
 

ll Martain ll

Junior
Oct 5, 2014
373
288
63
Not too surprising. His contract ends after next year, was setting up to be a lame duck season for him since the Cubs lose a lot of folks to free agency after 2021 and don’t have much payroll flexibility since they’re trying to stay under the luxury tax.

It’ll be good to give Jed Hoyer (assuming he takes Theo’s spot) his shot, and a long term plan taking shape.
 

dorndawg

Heisman
Sep 10, 2012
9,370
10,726
113
He accomplished what he came to do, and is leaving the club much better than he found it. I wish him well.
 

Bulldawg77

All-American
Dec 1, 2019
4,121
7,578
108
What's funny about these post is back in the 80s and 90s when I was a huge cub fan. WGN would show syndicated episodes of welcome back Kotter when the game would be called due to rain. Hahaha good memories
 

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

All-Conference
May 28, 2007
18,102
4,177
113
I grew up a Braves fan, but I watched a lot of Cubs games on WGN since TBS and WGN were the only two networks that regularly showed baseball games. I was always fascinated by the seats on top of buildings next to Wrigley Field.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation