Enabling Guest Network Netgear Nighthawk

TPOKE

Heisman
Jul 14, 2001
19,091
27,141
113
Went to do this and there are 2 choices for security options. I have no clue which to pick. Did google, but of course good and bad cited. Any suggestions? @Ostatedchi or anyone else?

WPA2-PSK [AES]
WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]
 

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,452
41,155
113
Wpa2 is the key factor in those. Either choice works.

If you have older devices then choose the WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES for the backwards compatibility.
 
  • Like
Reactions: trapped_in_tx

TPOKE

Heisman
Jul 14, 2001
19,091
27,141
113
Wpa2 is the key factor in those. Either choice works.

If you have older devices then choose the WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES for the backwards compatibility.
Thanks! Is a 7 year old ipad an older device?
 

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,452
41,155
113
Depends on the IOS version if it will have the modern encryption. It doesn't hurt to have it.
 

TPOKE

Heisman
Jul 14, 2001
19,091
27,141
113
Hate to keep bothering you. The iOS version on my iPad is 10.3.3. I think I've maxed out the updates. If you tell me I need to get a new iPad, I can pass that on to my wife and verify with your credentials.
 

trapped_in_tx

Heisman
Jul 8, 2001
16,343
23,720
97
Hate to keep bothering you. The iOS version on my iPad is 10.3.3. I think I've maxed out the updates. If you tell me I need to get a new iPad, I can pass that on to my wife and verify with your credentials.

I’m not @Ostatedchi , but normally I wouldn’t recommend ditching something that works to spend several hundred dollars on something new.

However, if you are very worried about the security of personal data on that iPad then I would recommend upgrading so you can get the latest iOS and at least stay somewhat caught up with security patches.

It really depends on how you use it and what apps and data are present.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TPOKE
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Wrestling Sergio Vega now 149, Oklahoma State lineup wars heating up
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  4. 04 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight