I woke up a little nervous today. The head coach of the 7-8 year old softball team cant make the game tonight. I am in charge and on the mound.— Eli Manning (@EliManning) May 12, 2021
I've got two more games of 6U coach pitch left for the season. Going to mix in some changeups and see it how goes tonight.
On a more serious note, I've had a great group of parents this year. I've got a solid group who knows their kid suck and knows exactly why they play outfield 2 out of the 3 innings each game.
Being on the adult side of things for the first time has been pretty eye opening. I have 3 kids who we can tell something and they get it and retain most of it. I have 7 other kids who need to be instructed on what to do before every pitch. We had an unassisted double play turned on us the other night. Bases loaded (no outs) and our hitter grounds a ball to third base. Third basemen was a good player, charged it, scooped it up, and beat our runner home for the force out. Nice play. He then, at the instructions of his yelling fan base, runs to third and gets the force out at third too cause our runner on second base was hanging out with the guy who started on first. He didn't even know the play had happened. The good news, is that we still scored our maximum of 5 runs after to salvage the inning.
I put him in RF next inning beside me (we get two coaches in the field) and he asked me how come he never gets to play first base. I just kinda chuckled and said maybe later in the season.
Makes me wish I had video of the dumb **** I did playing tball back in the day. I bet that would be pretty fun to go back and watch some of those games.
I was alright I guess as a kiddie fielder. But I still have never swung a bat with my eyes open.
When I was kid I couldn't pitch worth a damn, but I had a canon for an arm so I played Centerfield. I could throw it within a foot of catcher every time. And that's what I did EVERY TIME, because I never paid close enough attention during the game to know where I was supposed to be throwing the ball.
I woke up a little nervous today. The head coach of the 7-8 year old softball team cant make the game tonight. I am in charge and on the mound.— Eli Manning (@EliManning) May 12, 2021
Why do you follow him?
Why do you follow him?
1) Are you surprised someone with a username of "Maroon Eagle" is confused?
2) Why would you really care?
I've got two more games of 6U coach pitch left for the season. Going to mix in some changeups and see it how goes tonight.
On a more serious note, I've had a great group of parents this year. I've got a solid group who knows their kid suck and knows exactly why they play outfield 2 out of the 3 innings each game.
Being on the adult side of things for the first time has been pretty eye opening. I have 3 kids who we can tell something and they get it and retain most of it. I have 7 other kids who need to be instructed on what to do before every pitch. We had an unassisted double play turned on us the other night. Bases loaded (no outs) and our hitter grounds a ball to third base. Third basemen was a good player, charged it, scooped it up, and beat our runner home for the force out. Nice play. He then, at the instructions of his yelling fan base, runs to third and gets the force out at third too cause our runner on second base was hanging out with the guy who started on first. He didn't even know the play had happened. The good news, is that we still scored our maximum of 5 runs after to salvage the inning.
I put him in RF next inning beside me (we get two coaches in the field) and he asked me how come he never gets to play first base. I just kinda chuckled and said maybe later in the season.
Makes me wish I had video of the dumb **** I did playing tball back in the day. I bet that would be pretty fun to go back and watch some of those games.
Head coach of 7-8 Coach Pitch myself. I have a good group of Dads that are helping me too. I am very thankful, I’m not pitching in games. I hit my son, regularly in the back yard before season started.
Monday night we got run ruled in the 4th inning. It was also a shut out. In our league we play 4 outfielders if we have 10 on a team.
Batting went like this: 1st- ground out, base hit, base hit, pop fly/ double play. 2nd- K, ground out, K. 3rd- K,K,K.
They scored 7 in B3. Run rule for that inning. I was like Ok, We got top of order back up, now let’s get some runs, boys!!!! Nope 14 runs by the 4th gets game run rule enacted.
For some reason I, was just a bit upset and dejected after game.
Asked the boys at practice yesterday “What happened last night?” Responses were: we didn’t hit the ball. We didn’t catch balls or get outs, and we didn’t play as a team. Well, at least they know why we got embarrassed!
Hoping to bounce back tomorrow night.
Me too! I nearly busted an aneurysm laughing when this happened.
Rivals Football Recruiting
Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
Maroon and White Football
Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
Maroon and White
Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window