Egg Bowl line

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,011
1,980
113
That Ole Miss defense is BAD. If last night’s State team shows up, I could easily see them putting up 30-34 points. Problem is, I think Ole Miss torches the secondary and scores 45. Take the over.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Take the over. I think y’all will score 30+ and I think we can exploit your secondary more than Georgia. It’s going to be a wild one.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
I would be kinda surprised if State blew OM out, but nothing else would shock me. OM could win big or it could be a close win either way.

I probably wouldn’t bet on this game though.
 

Pilgrimdawg

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2018
1,821
2,394
113
Someone be sure and tell all of our quarterbacks to use extra tape on the ankles this week.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,590
31,861
113
I don't know. Those coaches are gone. I don't think Kiffin is that kind of coach. But with Costello still out, it's not a bad thing that our QB doesn't run the ball.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Weather Underground is showing a steady rain starting Fri and ending Sunday night

Yep. The weather being cold, rainy and windy would ironically benefit y’all, I believe. Our biggest advantage is going to be the vertical passing game, and that’s much more difficult with a wet football in the wind.

Your defense is stout against the run (damn Arnett has been so good), and will likely get us behind the chains some, like against UGA, and we will have to beat you over the top.

Our defense will NOT tackle in space like UGA did, so we are going to have to try and confuse or rattle Rogers, and force a couple turnovers. If the OL that you took to Georgia shows up, it’s going to be a shootout.

Corral has only played in a windy game once this year, and that was Arkansas. In his 7 games his QBR has been:
Florida - 91.8
Kentucky - 97.3
Alabama- 96.4
Arkansas - 6.8 (lol)
Auburn - 91.3
Vandy - 97.5
South Carolina - 97.5

So, needless to say, I’m hopeful the meteorologists are wrong.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation