Early Bowl Projections

Babe the Blue Ox_rivals

All-Conference
Oct 3, 2001
3,582
3,279
0
After week 6:

ESPN/Schlabach: Bahamas Bowl vs. La Tech
ESPN/McMurphy: Birmingham Bowl vs Kentucky

CFN: Cure Bowl (Orlando) vs GA Southern

SB Nation: Bahamas Bowl vs Eastern Michigan

CBS/Palm: Birmingham Bowl vs Northwestern
 

HuffyCane

Heisman
Dec 25, 2004
28,488
14,605
0
After week 6:

ESPN/Schlabach: Bahamas Bowl vs. La Tech
ESPN/McMurphy: Birmingham Bowl vs Kentucky

CFN: Cure Bowl (Orlando) vs GA Southern

SB Nation: Bahamas Bowl vs Eastern Michigan

CBS/Palm: Birmingham Bowl vs Northwestern

My money is on Birmingham. Wait and see on Northwestern.
 

TU_BLA

Heisman
Mar 8, 2012
29,776
13,984
113
What's the access bowl this year? I'll take that one.
I saw Boise State in Cotton for that bowl. That would be flipping sweet. TU would have to run the table which would mean playing a lot better (and more consistently for 60 minutes) than we have the last 2 games. And Boise would need to lose which is probably up to San Diego State at this point. The MWC is pretty terrible.
 

astonmartin708_rivals

All-American
Apr 17, 2012
19,251
6,810
73
I saw Boise State in Cotton for that bowl. That would be flipping sweet. TU would have to run the table which would mean playing a lot better (and more consistently for 60 minutes) than we have the last 2 games. And Boise would need to lose which is probably up to San Diego State at this point. The MWC is pretty terrible.
They still have to play in the altitude up in Laramie as does SDSU. Wyo just beat Airforce who trounced Navy. There's a lot of room for upsets left in the MW.
 

TU Pilot

All-Conference
Sep 14, 2013
1,388
1,621
113
I'm pulling for Armed Forces Bowl. Birmingham isn't appealing. The Bahamas Bowl would be awesome but I can't go to that one and I am very selfish.
 

Tu Geo

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2003
12,463
1,014
113
Is Heart of Dallas 100% locked in with CUSA and B-10? Would love that bowl game.

GO TU!!!!
 

TulsaGrad07

Senior
Sep 26, 2015
968
668
0
We will beat Cincy at home for sure.

I'm coming up to watch this game. I figure this will be the best game at home on the schedule this year (at least on paper). I think the SMU game might be the best of the year though. Let's see how our attendance shakes out down the stretch, I think it will climb from here on out.
 

HuffyCane

Heisman
Dec 25, 2004
28,488
14,605
0
Looking at their schedule two things seem possible/likely by the time November rolls around. 1) They will have to beat UCF or us on the road to get bowl eligible. 2) They will have given up and care less about a road game at the end of the year.

So it could be a dog fight or an irrelevant game like that game against SMU at the end of the season during the BB era.

I like our chances in each scenario.
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa falls 45-44 to North Texas in overtime heartbreaker
  2. 02 Inside Tulsa Sports Football After Arkansas, Tulsa has to respond — just like it did in 1982
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa gets chance to bounce back against UNT in conference opener
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tre Lamb calls North Texas RB Jaheim White 'The best back we've played'
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa quarterback Baylor Hayes 50-50 for North Texas game