Duren, August 6th decision date.

Son_Of_Saul

Hall of Famer
Dec 7, 2007
45,976
102,246
113
We have two "maybe" NBA players and three other G League guys.

I'd rather have a surefire top 2 pick, but that's just me noticing that Cal wins 36.8 games/year over a five year sample size when he has a top 2 pick on his roster, dating back to UMass.

I mean, five years isn't much of a sample size when you consider the age of the universe and all...
 

Gingercatsfan

Freshman
Nov 3, 2003
32
84
12
I hear what everyone is saying about Kofi, I also wanted Cal to go after the sure thing. However, Cal has constructed this roster to play a certain way. Adding Kofi to the roster this late in the game is a seismic shift in that plan.

If Kofi was on the roster it would cause some issues with the team as it is constructed. We all know that the moment the lane is clogged and he is playing two back to the basket bigs at once, this board will be screaming that Cal doesn’t ever adapt. “Did he not learn from last year?” We all wanted Cal to adapt to a more modern form of basketball. Perhaps saying no to Kofi was necessary to see that happen.
 

woodberry79

Junior
Nov 15, 2019
233
284
0
We have two "maybe" NBA players and three other G League guys.

I'd rather have a surefire top 2 pick, but that's just me noticing that Cal wins 36.8 games/year over a five year sample size when he has a top 2 pick on his roster, dating back to UMass.

I mean, five years isn't much of a sample size when you consider the age of the universe and all...
Duren is not a top 2 pick next year. Not happening. Nobody is drafting a 6'8" center in the top 2.
 

jgraf1

All-Conference
Feb 2, 2006
2,060
2,660
113
I'm going to preface this by saying i don't think he's committing to UK. But I will say during Antigua's first tenure here, recruiting was generally quiet on who UK was going to get. The staff kept most info in house. This one is quiet like a lot of those were from 10-14.
 

Untouchables22

All-Conference
Mar 5, 2013
2,359
3,129
0
I hear what everyone is saying about Kofi, I also wanted Cal to go after the sure thing. However, Cal has constructed this roster to play a certain way. Adding Kofi to the roster this late in the game is a seismic shift in that plan.

If Kofi was on the roster it would cause some issues with the team as it is constructed. We all know that the moment the lane is clogged and he is playing two back to the basket bigs at once, this board will be screaming that Cal doesn’t ever adapt. “Did he not learn from last year?” We all wanted Cal to adapt to a more modern form of basketball. Perhaps saying no to Kofi was necessary to see that happen.
Playing devil’s advocate there was enough playing time for both Kofi and Oscar at the 5 to still play 4 out 1 in but neither of them appeared willing to come off the bench.
 
  • Like
Reactions: catfan621
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football 'It’s Thin': Will Stein hints at bad news on Kentucky's injury front
  2. 02 KSR Basketball KSR's three questions entering Kentucky Basketball Pro Day
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky Looking to Crack Third Down Conundrum
  4. 04 KSR Football Get ready for LSU with Will Stein's weekly press conference
  5. 05 KSR Football Will Stein loves the Power K, but knows it won't beat LSU