Duck duck go

PCHSDawg

Junior
Nov 12, 2014
357
335
63
Anyone know why I can't open the forums here on my phone in my duckduckgo browser? I get a message saying "Connection aborted. This website could be harmful ..."
 

hatfieldms

All-Conference
Feb 20, 2008
8,759
2,520
113
“This website could be harmful” I think duck duck go is just looking out for your mental health as far as following MSU sports
 

ababyatemydingo

All-Conference
Nov 27, 2008
4,041
3,023
113
Anyone know why I can't open the forums here on my phone in my duckduckgo browser? I get a message saying "Connection aborted. This website could be harmful ..."


DuckDuckGo isn't exactly a "private" search engine. They sold out years ago, and sell your search data to the highest bidder, whomever that may be.

This one uses google's engine, but doesn't collect or sell search data in any way. https://www.startpage.com/
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,667
12,363
113
Same here on mobile, but its weird. If its a thread I've opened already in another browser, it seems to let me open it again in DDG. But if I've never read it elsewhere, it won't open it.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,667
12,363
113
I tried Startpage but websites kept sending me a message that I needed to allow cookies, update my privacy settings, update app permissions, allow storage, allow access to contacts, etc etc etc before I could use it so w/ all of that it made it kind of useless or just like DDG is for this site.
 

dorndawg

Heisman
Sep 10, 2012
9,328
10,611
113
Is DuckDuckGo the problem or that Consumer Cellular data plan?

 

PCHSDawg

Junior
Nov 12, 2014
357
335
63
Maybe it has something to do with all the pop up ads. This is the only site I can't access from my phone.
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,472
22,008
113
I downloaded DuckDuckGo and had zero problems accessing the site via the mobile or desktop skin.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,667
12,363
113
When using DDG, I get a blank screen with "Connection aborted. This website could be harmful to your device."

When I look at the DDG "Privacy Dashboard" for The Pack it shows 5 trackers: Amazon, 2 from Google, Ad Lightning and District M
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window