Dubrule

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
If I’m lemonis, I’m moving Dubrule to lead off and rowdy to 2nd. I like the way Dubrule seems to take every at bat several pitches deep.
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,696
24,558
113
I like that lineup too, although they’re hitting 1-2 today. Just flip flopped.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
Right now Rowdy has less than a .200 OBP.... not ideal for lead off batter

My thinking in suggesting the move is not really about rowdy but about Dubrule. Rowdy has set a pretty good precedent in his career as a slow starter. I’m not worried about him. I think he will be fine. I just think Dubrule is probably a pretty frustrating guy to pitch to.
 

Trojanbulldog19

All-American
Aug 25, 2014
10,137
5,915
113
What you need most by Any lead off is to get on base and be a hard out so Dabrule has done a pretty good job at that.
 

Bucky Dog

Redshirt
Nov 10, 2012
904
0
0
I completely agree Rowdey is not a leadoff hitter. Put him at 2 and move Hancock to 4 with Hatcher at 5 and Logan Tanner at 6.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama