Dontae Walker passed away

MSUDC11-2.0

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
10,941
17,666
113
As someone whose introduction to MSU football was the ‘99 and 2000 teams this breaks my heart.
 

DawgsGoneWild

All-Conference
Sep 25, 2012
980
1,360
93
Graduated from Belhaven. I had a few classes with Dontae. Back when players still had schooling to do. He would chirp his name the entire class. Just sit back and yell “Dontae!” He was a funny guy with a lot of demons
 
  • Like
Reactions: eckie1

Maroon13

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
4,224
4,407
113
The Florida game in 2000. Also the OkSt game in 99. He was a beast.
 

Captain Ron

Junior
Aug 22, 2012
715
323
63
If I remember correctly, he didn‘t start on Senior day and left the field prior to the end of the gam. I am not sure if it was Rick Cleveland or the other big sports writers (Hampton?) that did the article on Donte the next year where he was going to try to get drafted. He had lost a ton of weight and got in incredible shape. I really thought with his talent he had a chance to make it.

I wonder what was going on personally for him to be that good early on and then that out of shape his senior year.
 

Dawghouse

All-Conference
Sep 14, 2011
1,194
1,086
113
If I remember correctly, he didn‘t start on Senior day and left the field prior to the end of the gam. I am not sure if it was Rick Cleveland or the other big sports writers (Hampton?) that did the article on Donte the next year where he was going to try to get drafted. He had lost a ton of weight and got in incredible shape. I really thought with his talent he had a chance to make it.

I wonder what was going on personally for him to be that good early on and then that out of shape his senior year.
Aside from any personal issues he was battling, Jackie had lost the locker room by then. There was zero disciple or accountability on those teams.
 
  • Like
Reactions: patdog
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  5. 05 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State