Dogecoin

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,320
6,711
113
I don’t know **** about crypto but I wanted to put a few hundred in about ago and see what happened on some super cheap one. Dogecoin. Elon Musk favorite crypto and I believe it was created by a Redditor. Since all this stuff happened the last few days it’s blown up. I bought it at something like $.006 and now it’s over $.03 today and rising. If any of you day trade this may get you some quick cash.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,815
113
I don’t know **** about crypto but I wanted to put a few hundred in about ago and see what happened on some super cheap one. Dogecoin. Elon Musk favorite crypto and I believe it was created by a Redditor. Since all this stuff happened the last few days it’s blown up. I bought it at something like $.006 and now it’s over $.03 today and rising. If any of you day trade this may get you some quick cash.

If my mental math is correct, you just made 48 times what you put in. I'd sell it, now. I knew a guy who bought stock in some metal company (seems like it was tungsten). At one point, he was well over a millionaire on the purchase. Then it dropped down to less than he paid for it. I suppose I'm one to take big profits (if I have the opportunity) and run.
 

bullymcbullerson

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2013
86
0
6
I’m so confused how to buy this ****.

For beginners, it’s easiest to just open a Coinbase account. Very similar to how you would open a brokerage account. Link your bank account and buy whatever you want. Convenience comes with higher fees though. Once you’re comfortable with it, get a Coinbase Pro, Gemini, etc account with lower fees.

Or you could get a Robinhood account and get it through them but I can’t recommend them after today. Think PayPal also allows you to buy crypto now.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,320
6,711
113
Lol I wish, but it’s a little off. 5x.
.006 to .030. Now it’s .044 though.
I don’t know what I’m doing or much about the market, but buying something that low I didn’t see any risk besides losing a little if what I put in but I could have big rewards in the future.
There’s a few articles that say it could keep going much higher than what it currently is.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,320
6,711
113
I use Robinhood but they did some shady **** earlier. But regulators or private companies can’t stop this. Entirely free market.
 

BiscuitEater

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2009
4,178
0
36
I use Robinhood but they did some shady **** earlier. But regulators or private companies can’t stop this.

Don't bet on them! Look for massive civil suits! They were planning an IPO. Senators calling for an investigation! They literally 'stopped' traders from selling their shares in stocks.
 

TNT.sixpack

Redshirt
Nov 4, 2014
819
43
28
I use Robinhood but they did some shady **** earlier. But regulators or private companies can’t stop this. Entirely free market.

They’ve gotten lit up today. Congress is all over this as well as some big-name celebrities who use them for trading. Dave Portney, Mark Cuban chimed in. I tried several times today to sell some stock that I had made money on and they blocked my sell. Wasn’t able to make the sale until it dropped about 40%. They did it to 100% of their members on 5 diff stocks and they admitted it.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,815
113
Lol I wish, but it’s a little off. 5x.
.006 to .030. Now it’s .044 though.
I don’t know what I’m doing or much about the market, but buying something that low I didn’t see any risk besides losing a little if what I put in but I could have big rewards in the future.
There’s a few articles that say it could keep going much higher than what it currently is.

So much for my mental arithmetic. Haha. But still, a factor of 5 is pretty good in a week.
 

djt159

Redshirt
Dec 20, 2020
79
0
6
Once the pump and dump of gamestonk is over i suspect doge is where the average man will go and there will be another spike.

it got a bump from twitch streamers / aoc pumping it. today i expect it to have a lagging influx behind the gme. people always looking to get rich quick. if day trader aim for this spot. if long term investor i think it's still a good spot to go into as it will be $1 at some point before EOY.

Positions or ban: 8,135 shares at $0.012281/share bought. Holding out long term for $0.10, $1, and $10 marks.

Also I'm not a financial advisor.
 

Nicephorus

Redshirt
Sep 3, 2018
150
0
0
Now that Elon Musk has openly endorsed Bitcoin on his Twitter looking like some of the Dogecoin buyers are flipping into Bitcoin. Dogecoin is the definition of a “meme coin” and a pure momentum play driven by social media so be careful. Timing will be everything as there are no fundamentals behind it.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
I’ve got about 22,000 shares of it. I’ve read several projections that it will hit $1 by end of year. If it does, I’ll sell about 12,000 shares of it and gladly take my $12,000 and try and forget about it. Then hope to look up in a few years and run across an article talking about how it’s worth $20 a share, and sell my remaining 10,000 then. A man can dream, right?
 

RotorHead

Senior
Mar 26, 2019
718
603
93
I chickened out when it started going down this am, tripled my initial investment. Should've sold last night when I was +$7K...but can't focus on what "could've" been. Just glad I turned a quick profit.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,320
6,711
113
That’s my plan and dreams as well. If it dips to anything pre-yesterday I am going to buy more.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
I chickened out when it started going down this am, tripled my initial investment. Should've sold last night when I was +$7K...but can't focus on what "could've" been. Just glad I turned a quick profit.

Damn, hard to say you chickened out when you bought that much. I mean my 22K shares was only a touch over $800. So, you had to have had a ton. Good for you. I thought about selling enough last night, when it was north of 7 cents, to get my initial investment back, but figured “what the heck? That $800 won’t change my life, and if it were to one day get to $1+ I’d be sick over this 11K-12K shares I sold off. I’m just looking at it as a big dice roll. An $800 bet to possibly make $10,000+. If I lose it all, that’s fine, too.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor