Does anyone know when the athletic dept will grow a pair and...

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,875
17,114
113
Well, we may be in a red state

Let us pack the dude? It's outdoors for baseball, and if you're covid-scared, sty home.

But Ne...er... Cohen has blue balls, but he also likes revenue, I bet there are some interesting arguments going on.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
I’m 100% against government mandated “protecting us” but it’s the first damn weekend since restrictions were lifted.

Settle down and have some patience.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,699
12,428
113
Athletic dept is at the mercy of Sankey. He has to manage 14 teams in 11 states and keep them all happy. As much as I don't care for Cohen, it's not his call
 

WrapItDog

Senior
Aug 23, 2012
4,335
791
113
Athletic dept is at the mercy of Sankey. He has to manage 14 teams in 11 states and keep them all happy. As much as I don't care for Cohen, it's not his call

Sankey and the SEC didn't get involved with football attendance. I figured the same applies to baseball.

Here's what Sankey had to say after Mullen bitched about the A&M home crowd.

When asked if he was confident A&M’s attendance figures were accurate, Sankey replied, “I have to take what’s reported to me and we’ve followed up on that, but I’m not the attendance monitor.”

As Sankey pointed out, the league has left it up to its 14 member institutions to set stadium capacity and determine how many fans are allowed into games. “We [the conference office] don’t govern attendance; that is up to campus, local and state health officials,” Sankey said.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
Today’s attendance had nothing to do with what MSU or the sec allows in the stadium.

It had way more to do with fans wanting to show up which I’m assuming had a lot to do with the history of the last 12 months. Some didn’t know. Some didn’t have time to plan. Etc.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,699
12,428
113
Nothing to do w/ MSU? Limiting LFL boxes to 8, no General Admission sales, wristbands limiting where you can and can't go? Sounds like MSU and/SEC has a lot to do with attendance.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
It’s the first damn weekend since state wide restrictions were lifted.

Were all boxes full to the 8 allowed?
Were all chair backs full?
Was the allowed capacity even to 60%?
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Better to be safe than sorry at this point. You have to consider the rest of the country too, and the optics that gives off. I was there this past weekend and while I do not like the restrictions, I was happy to just be there. It still felt like a college baseball game.

I think we just continue to do what we're doing, for now.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?