Do we play zone vs. Indiana?

mikewebb68

Senior
Oct 24, 2009
9,814
504
113
I say no.It is a fairly easy defense to beat once you've seen it on tape, an advantage that Minny did not have. I see us playing mostly man, perhaps switching to a match-up zone from time to time just to throw the Hoosiers off.
 

mickbula

Junior
Jul 1, 2011
3,132
370
83
Whatever gets our players going on d then I'd say go for it! I'd at least give it a shot and see what the results are. We need to start getting winning streaks going! IU is a must win if we want to go dancing!
 

mikewebb68

Senior
Oct 24, 2009
9,814
504
113
Guys I know you have a Moe and Larry already, but, as everyone knows, the act is not truly complete without a Curly!
 

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
5,720
6,090
0
IU fan here. We've had success against zone defenses this year. Obviously the massive coaching upgrade on our sideline is the reason why.
 

mikewebb68

Senior
Oct 24, 2009
9,814
504
113
IU fan here. We've had success against zone defenses this year. Obviously the massive coaching upgrade on our sideline is the reason why.

Yeah, thinking we won't play too much zone, especially since we match-up a bit better in man with Davis out. Should be a good one tomorrow if we show up to play....
 

ricko6543211

Junior
Nov 15, 2006
4,232
232
47
Yeah, thinking we won't play too much zone, especially since we match-up a bit better in man with Davis out. Should be a good one tomorrow if we show up to play....
I would suggest that we should mix in both. Agree that IU is not as ripe a target for the zone as Minny without Coffey was. But I think it's worth mixing up the defenses some, then go with whatever is working better for most of the 2nd half.
 

Medill90

Junior
Jan 30, 2011
6,910
321
0
I like NU picking up three quarters court....shortens the clock a little and gets the team more focused and energized on D.
 
Last edited:

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
5,720
6,090
0
Yeah, thinking we won't play too much zone, especially since we match-up a bit better in man with Davis out. Should be a good one tomorrow if we show up to play....

We've played better without Davis. Have been much quicker defensively and Morgan is dominant as a 5.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Fearless Forecast: Ball State vs. Northwestern
  2. 02 On3 NIL Northwestern agrees to 10-year extension on Under Armour deal, will receive increased NIL investment
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Media Day Notebook: Northwestern hungry to rebuild with 11 new players on roster
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Grades Analysis
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Behind Enemy Lines: Ball State