DJ Stewart not returning

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,686
24,539
113
That stinks, but I’m not shocked. I hate we lost Smith to Georgia Tech too. I know him and Molinar would still be stepping on each other’s toes some, but without Stewart there is plenty of minutes to go around.
 

Hanmudog

Redshirt
Apr 30, 2006
5,853
0
0
Damn, I was all set to jump back in and buy season tickets. May still do it but this certainly kills my enthusiasm.

I figured DJ was gone as soon as he had a couple good games in the NIT. Have a few good games and a decent season and suddenly everyone around you is telling you to enter the draft.

Used to only the great players left early but now even the mid-level players leave early. It is destroying the college game.
 
Last edited:

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,612
7,827
113
Agreed, between the portal and seemingly 150 kids deciding that they’re NBA-ready year after year, college basketball has a big problem.

Aside from our games, I’ve never been less interested in watching other teams play last year.
 

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,126
2,527
113
Surely these guys have to know they’ve got about a 2% chance of making it in the NBA. Are they getting sold on the idea of playing overseas or g league?

I guess they just hate the idea of staying in school for 4 years.
 

047Dog

Redshirt
Jan 29, 2020
726
0
0
He can’t dribble thru an SEC lane without turning the ball over. Good luck trying to dribble thru between 7footers with guard skills. Smdh
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary