DIY guys. Epoxy floor coating

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,132
10,603
93


Anyone ever attempted to do this or know a contractor in the OKC area that does this?
 

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,132
10,603
93
Uh, I want it done in a retail space. I don't have any experience doing anything like that and it's pretty expensive so I would like it to look nice. This isn't my garage or patio.

Have you ever done it? It looks fairly simple, but is it? How hard is the floor prep, do you have to put a moisture barrier down first, do you use urethane or wax for the finish? What do you do if the concrete already has a finish on it? Everything looks simple on youtube. This company sells this stuff to DIYers so of course they want it to look easy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Orange Jennyslipper

duke-of-earl

All-Conference
Jan 14, 2006
23,437
4,076
113
I stained my own floor but I haven't done the coating yet. Would be curious to know how easy it is also.
 

gipraw

All-Conference
Aug 10, 2003
17,139
4,363
113
Prepping correctly is a *****. The actual application is not that difficult. If you want to do it yourself, I can put you in touch with someone that will walk you through the process and help you succeed. I will shoot you the info ..


I've done it myself twice, and paid to have my current space done. While it was more expensive, it was well worth it in my opinion to have it done.
 

BarH

Redshirt
Jan 26, 2003
165
34
28
If you are looking for someone, check these guys out. http://www.owensconcretestaining.com They did my garage with custom epoxy and chips (Orange, black, gray, white) and my back patio in a stamped wood-look concrete. They also did some staining on my parent's existing patio to give it a semi wood look.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: Cummings on Oklahoma State at West Virginia