Disturbed covers Simon and Garfunkle....

Ostatedchi

Heisman
Jan 5, 2002
50,449
41,152
113
F'ing incredible. Made me mournful and pumped at the same time. Just shows how bad *** that song is.

For some reason it made me think of the Paris theater concert. Kind of captured how I feel about that. Defiant yet weeping.
 

ThorOdinson13

All-American
Apr 4, 2005
20,110
6,821
46
Freaking NAILED IT!!!

And that is coming from someone who can't stand listening to Disturbed. They need to slow it down more often. He has an awesome voice.
 
Last edited:

Cordellhall83

Senior
May 29, 2001
1,879
562
0
I'll give him credit for actually singing. Today, if you can growl/yell you are in. This guy actually sung part of the song...with of course the growl/yelling thing that people today seems to like.
 

MegaPoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
76,442
91,309
103
I'll give him credit for actually singing. Today, if you can growl/yell you are in. This guy actually sung part of the song...with of course the growl/yelling thing that people today seems to like.

I think it's the way the song builds, along with his impressive display of vocal dynamics and control which build from tender to powerful that people find interesting. It follows a certain climactic path like Stairway to heaven or Freebird.

I'm not a Disturbed fan really. Just found the dichotomy within this cover to be s really interesting arrangement.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Been Jammin

Colorado_Poke

All-American
Jul 29, 2006
6,876
8,997
0
David Draiman has displayed a wide vocal range on quite a few of their songs. I think Disturbed has done a cover of an "oldie" on several of their albums. Another good cover they did is ISHFWILF, originally by U2.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: Cummings on Oklahoma State at West Virginia