Why did the Dinwiddie JV show up with like 17 kids? Salem had 20+ on the sideline. With a great program like Dinwiddie I didn’t expect to see that. 2A Glenvar has better JV numbers. We appreciate the kids making the trip though.
I don’t know. We have a freshman and 3 Sophs starting on Fridays that don’t suite up for JV. Just interesting that we have so many more freshmen and sophomore non varsity players.Dinwiddie doesn't emphasize JV like some teams do. Their JV/V roster has 61 players and only 16 or 17 were there tonight. So I assume they'll have about 45 for tomorrow.
They have a pretty even group. Of the 30 underclassmen about half are pulled up for Varsity and half not. I think they have 31 upperclassmen so it's pretty even. They just choose to focus on Varsity. Difference in philosophy I guess. Personally I'd rather get some of those guys JV experience rather than sitting the bench on Varsity. Just my opinion. Coach Mills obviously knows what he is doing.Class sizes vary anyway, there's nothing to take away from this.
Rivals Football Recruiting
Touted linebacker RJ Hudson backs off Clemson commitment -- and a new team is trending
VirginiaPreps
Private School Predictions Week 7
VirginiaPreps
VHSL Football Top Tens - Entering 10-8-26 Games
VirginiaPreps
2026 VHSL Football Team-by-Team Schedules with Results
Rivals Football Recruiting
LB David Nosa catches fire with six offers in two-week span