Die Hard is on Paramount Network right now.

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,591
22,791
113
Not a Christmas movie
You put a Christmas wreath on a samuari movie and it’s still a samurai movie. There are only so many stories.

Interesting fact: “The Magnificent Seven” is a direct ripoff of “Seven Samuari.” Kurosawa found out about it and got $$$ for it, made more money from that movie than any of the ones he actually directed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PSU87

SleepyLion

All-Conference
Sep 1, 2022
2,915
4,495
113
You put a Christmas wreath on a samuari movie and it’s still a samurai movie. There are only so many stories.

Interesting fact: “The Magnificent Seven” is a direct ripoff of “Seven Samuari.” Kurosawa found out about it and got $$$ for it, made more money from that movie than any of the ones he actually directed.
Like Kurosawa, I make mad films.
I don't make films...
 

manatree

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,534
6,357
113
This is one reason I’m underwhelmed by the Kill Bill movies.

To paint a picture, Die Hard > Kill Bill 1&2.
Tarantino can film a visually stunning movie, I just don’t think he’s a good writer/storyteller. His dialogue is always overwrought to the point of being verbal masturbation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,811
21,591
113
Tarantino can film a visually stunning movie, I just don’t think he’s a good writer/storyteller. His dialogue is always overwrought to the point of being verbal masturbation.
Explains why I am going mute.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State-USC predictions: How are computer data systems and experts picking the Week 6 clash?
  2. 02 BWI Football How to watch Penn State-USC; pregame info, weather, spread, start time, more: Gameday Central
  3. 03 BWI Football Friday Penn State-USC availability reports: Did the Lions or Trojans share good injury news 23.5 hours before kickoff?
  4. 04 BWI Recruiting Inside Lasch: Everything Penn State fans need to know ahead of biggest recruiting weekend of Matt Campbell era
  5. 05 BWI Football Projecting Penn State's offensive depth chart vs. USC