Did Bear sit the first half?

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,685
14,526
113
I know this is a dumb question but I'd been slowly drinking from the end of the dove shoot until kickoff (5 hours).
 

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,134
2,552
113
Most of the offense sat the first half...

I honestly wonder if bear was sick. He looked exhausted everytime the camera was on him.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
I don't think there was ever a rumor that he was going to sit....

So, the rumor of him sitting for the summer thing was just that?

I I believe it was simply speculations from our fans thinking Dan would do that since he had consistently done it in the past.
 

MarkDallas

Sophomore
Aug 27, 2014
2,606
121
63
He was on the field on our first offensive play.

His body language all night made me think something was wrong. Even on his long reception, he got up looking like he just lost the super bowl.
 

treeddeep

Redshirt
Jun 7, 2013
1,061
0
0
Yeah I really wonder what his deal is. I'm sure he's ready to go to the league, but he looked miserable last night
 

hatfieldms

All-Conference
Feb 20, 2008
8,760
2,523
113
No that was real. He sat for the summer

And was ready to go at fall camp
 

Amadden0408

Redshirt
Mar 13, 2014
135
0
0
A lot of issues with DW can be attributed to us not getting a lot of opportunities in the first half and Southern coming out in a cover four which takes away your outside receivers the vast majority of the time. Something did seem off with him though. Hope everything is good and he has a great year.
 

121Josey

Redshirt
Oct 30, 2012
7,503
0
0
I saw him on the hail mary at the end of the first half. Might have been the only time he was targeted.

From all reports, Bear was one of the hardest workers in camp. Either something was wrong or his participation - or lack thereof - was planned.
 

Bulldogg31

Redshirt
Dec 9, 2013
8,263
0
0
You guys are reading too much into nothing.

Bear played the whole game and played hard the whole time. He said after the game he was double covered most of the night which was ok because it opened things up for other guys.

He was blocking his *** off every chance he got.

Also, his official game stats are incorrect. He actually caught 2 passes for 57 yards. His first 15-yard catch was credited to Kivon Coman (number 11, instead of #1).
 

basedawg

Senior
Aug 22, 2012
1,037
813
113
You guys are reading too much into nothing.

Bear played the whole game and played hard the whole time. He said after the game he was double covered most of the night which was ok because it opened things up for other guys.

He was blocking his *** off every chance he got.

Also, his official game stats are incorrect. He actually caught 2 passes for 57 yards. His first 15-yard catch was credited to Kivon Coman (number 11, instead of #1).


Vicious blocker he is indeed, I saw him several times make aggressive blocks, he played ok and he will be great in coming weeks.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Recruiting JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Baseball Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting "Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?