Deon Mix Commits...

Arthur2478

Redshirt
Oct 17, 2010
1,407
2
38
I'm always leary of holding on to early commits from South Panola. Let's hope Deon weathers the storm.
 

DudyDog

Senior
Jun 18, 2008
1,802
567
113
the school closest to him wasn't sold on him yet. Florida, Notre Dame, Texas and Nebraska ain't what they used to be. Probably due to offering guys like this. Mullen is digging his grave.
 
Dec 3, 2008
4,034
379
83
Lumpy Chucklelips said:
the school closest to him wasn't sold on him yet. Florida, Notre Dame, Texas and Nebraska ain't what they used to be. Probably due to offering guys like this. Mullen is digging his grave.


Wt17?
 

JacksonDevilDog

Freshman
Jan 13, 2008
3,390
61
48
I'm sure that his mom or grandmother works somewhere in Batesville where their boss is an Ole Miss booster. I'm sure that their job will be threatened so they will decommit from MSU.

Gotta love the Spirit:

GulfReb

Ole Miss Insider
563 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Send Private Message
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 5:42 PM

Mix and Flowers both chose to go to State...
because that's the ONLY commitable offer they had.
We gave them a paper offer to get them to camp. Neither was impressive in camp, so they both got the message within a few days that State's the only school that wants either of them.
I'm glad they are going to State, because I know we'll sign better athletes than that.
There are only two elite OL in Mississippi this year.... "Can't miss" types... Bolden and Johnson. There's a huge gap between those two and whoever is 3rd best.
I'm well aware that Mullen will crow that he has the top two OL in the state. LOL
 

Lion O

Redshirt
Jul 31, 2009
473
0
0
Had a good offer from Nutt, not from Freeze. Not 100% why, I think he's a top 2-3 OL in the state talent-wise. Really good pickup for State I believe, imagine he'll play OG for y'all.

Heard State has a pretty good chance at Conner, too....

ETA: I''m just passing along what I've heard, remember the whole "rumors are encouraged" bit? I can't 100% verify it and none of you can 100% refute it...that's why it's a rumor. I think the kid will be a damn good OG if someone can motivate him and Ole Miss is on the wrong side IF they haven't offered. But I'm about as qualified to evaluate football ability as Mike Tyson.

As for "Ole Miss never had a shot," well: "Really, Ole Miss kind of has the tip because it's closer to home and I'm always here, and I pretty much know everybody over here. It's like home away from home."
 

JacksonDevilDog

Freshman
Jan 13, 2008
3,390
61
48
Lion O said:
Had a good offer from Nutt, not from Freeze. Not 100% why, I think he's a top 2-3 OL in the state talent-wise. Really good pickup for State I believe, imagine he'll play OG for y'all.

Heard State has a pretty good chance at Conner, too....


So Freeze offers 300 players across the country, but Nix from South Panola isn't good enough. Please tell me that someone is joking here. I'm sure Freeze will have some boosters in his ear over the next few weeks and will "offer" him.
 

hotdigitydog

Redshirt
May 21, 2007
4,728
0
0
but you know he had an offer.....If he didn't, then Freeze is adumber sum ***** than he looks.........</p>
 

RonnyAtmosphere

Redshirt
Jun 4, 2007
2,883
0
0
..I guess most of you keep up with football recruiting year round.


Personally, I don't start keeping up with football recruiting until the basketball team has lost to Tennessee State & Iona.

My request is this: If somebody like Deon Mix commits to state, can you please provide a rivals or scout link.


Because I never know who these players are & I have to copy & paste their names into Google & then try to find a recruiting site that offers their biography.


Thanks for you cooperation.
 

FreeDawg

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2010
4,102
1,100
98
Lion O said:
Had a good offer from Nutt, not from Freeze. Not 100% why, I think he's a top 2-3 OL in the state talent-wise. Really good pickup for State I believe, imagine he'll play OG for y'all.

Heard State has a pretty good chance at Conner, too....
Its literally no different than when every school says, "We only offered 1 coach and he took it." How many uncommittable offers did OM have out on head coaches? Oh, but Freeze had the only commitable one right? Its literally the same song and dance in recruiting for OM. Yall offer dang near 300, see who is interested, and whoever isnt their offer turns to the dreaded "uncommitable". Not only is it bs, its butt hurt weak sauce. Dont be "that guy" LionO
 

drcurly.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 14, 2010
3
0
0
<div style="min-width: 0px; max-width: 99%; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Ole Miss could really use Deon Mix and Kent Flowers, despite what Yancy is saying. Ole Miss needs a lot more than Daronte Bouldin and Davion Johnson on the OL this class. Mix is very talented but won't be game ready until his redshirt-sophomore year. He's got an excellent frame, but no technique whatsoever.</div><br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
All of our OL needs to be redshirt sophomores at the youngest, or we're in trouble.

This year (and going forward)I think we'll be in a situation in which that will be the case.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,588
8,565
102
One thing I'm very pleased with what Mullen has done has been the redshirting of players. I don't even know how he compares to past coaches as far as this is concerned but it seems like he's been very consistent at redshirting a lot of entering freshmen.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,540
31,799
113
but Mullen has put in a position where we're going to have a lot of redshirt juniors and seniors playing in the next few years. He's building this program for the long term.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,588
8,565
102
Someone with access to media guides for say the past 40-45 years going back to, say, Shira or Tyler might be the best person to answer that question.
 

Bulldog from Birth

All-Conference
Jan 23, 2007
2,556
1,164
113
is that it really limits you on signing 25 most years. As long as we have the policy that we're only promising 4-year scholarships and if you're not on the 2-deep going into the 5th year, you won't be retained. If you do that, you come out way ahead and it helps make up the talent gap we have between us and the Bamas and LSU's.

BFB
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,540
31,799
113
and I can't remember us ever redshirting as many players as we do now.</p>
 

War Machine Dawg

Redshirt
Oct 14, 2007
2,832
24
38
If he makes it to campus, I'll be shocked. They'll put the screws to him up there to try and change his mind.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,588
8,565
102
But I don't know if it's just because Mullen is the most recent coach or if someone like, say, Felker did some redshirting.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list