Defenseive schemes today

Extra Point_rivals157299

All-Conference
Aug 9, 2001
13,166
4,692
0
If Rutgers' defensive lineman and linebackers can't pressure the QB, it is going to be a long day. We looked to be playing zone early and Maryland had a receiver open practically every play, and their QB was very comfortable. Rutgers didn't have the depth of good players this year. On the positive side, 5 wins isn't bad for the second season but I can't say that I am not disappointed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HPNJRUfan

brookdale-soda

All-Conference
Oct 4, 2010
3,790
2,061
113
I think this defense is slow. The D has performed well considering how slow we are. All around, I think we could use some speed. Including the D line.

I think some of the big plays have been young players looking in the backfield. Longerbrm and Abraham got caught today but they are both great players but young and will learn.
 

RU#1fan

Heisman
Mar 7, 2003
24,132
12,746
113
We disguise nothing and the designs suck. A simple switch out of a play and we were toast
Schiano got schooled today. How many over the middle receivers were open today for Maryland ? If Maryland wanted to they could have thrown for 600 yards today.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Brandin Knight takes over Rutgers basketball while Steve Pikiell battles cancer
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 High School Football Prediction: Can Bergen Catholic (N.J.) run the table in the 2nd half of the season?
  4. 04 The Knight Report WAR ROOM: Latest Recruit Scoop and Team News on Rutgers Athletics
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball talks Big Ten Media Days on BTN