Yeah, two in a row makes you wonder if something else is going on.I am a big fan of Max Dean and would appreciate those with more wrestling knowlede then me sharing their thoughts on what happened in his two consecutive losses.
I my opinion he is still a 184 lber wrestling 197. He may walk around close to 197, but he is wrestling guys that walk around at 225. That being said, as the season progresses losing that much weight takes a toll on your body. Also tournament time, you have to weigh in multiple times on consecutive days. Dean will be fine, tournament time is what matters.I am a big fan of Max Dean and would appreciate those with more wrestling knowlede then me sharing their thoughts on what happened in his two consecutive losses.
Well said, Karl!Wrestling is hard. That's all there really is to it. He wrestled two very good guys and came up short. We have to remember that all of our guys always dominating is not something that is normal in wrestling. Our guys have normalized it for PSU fans over the last 10 years but guys lose. Max will be fine. He will generate a lot of points for us at nationals whether he wins a title or not which will help us win another team title. I am also confident he can repeat as a champ. Our staff is the best at correcting any issues and preparing guys for March.
I’ve heard the rumor as well. Be great to have him back for 2 season’s. We need an elite 197 after this season and Michael Beard always loved PSU.Is there any truth to the rumor that Beard perhaps transfers back to PSU after Dean is out of eligibility?
The rumor I heard was he wanted to pursue international wrestling after college and there’s currently no better place to do that than PSU/NLWC.I’ve heard the rumor as well. Be great to have him back for 2 season’s. We need an elite 197 after this season and Michael Beard always loved PSU.
BWI Football
8 things I think after Penn State falls to USC 31-23: On Matt Campbell's game day struggles, a disappointment, and more
BWI Football
Penn State Sunday situation: The Lions don't lack an identity; it's the same as their record: Mediocre, and teetering on worse
BWI Football
Penn State report card: Grading the Lions after their 31-23 loss to USC
BWI Football
Everything Matt Campbell said after Penn State's third-straight loss
BWI Football
Penn State's latest loss underscores gap between progress and results