D1Baseball Bracketology...

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,569
8,544
102
The latest Projected Field of 64 - Top 8 Seeds1️⃣ @RazorbackBSB 2️⃣ @VandyBoys 3️⃣ @TCU_Baseball 4️⃣ @HailStateBB 5️⃣ @OregonBaseball 6️⃣ @NDBaseball 7️⃣ @ECUBaseball 8️⃣ @Vol_Baseball https://t.co/dHVy3AnAGg— D1Baseball (@d1baseball) April 22, 2021
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,932
2,323
113

Wait, why aren't the Johnny Rebs in the Top 8? Swayze field is where it's at... ain't it? And aren't they like a Top 3 team... on paper?
 

ZombieKissinger

All-American
May 29, 2013
5,559
9,635
113
Looks OK to me, though I think Ole Miss would have a good path to Omaha with that draw. ECU has a good record but hasn't really played anyone, and I'd take USM as a 2 seed. Don't look now, but Jackson State has been spicy lately.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,462
27,304
113
Looks OK to me, though I think Ole Miss would have a good path to Omaha with that draw. ECU has a good record but hasn't really played anyone, and I'd take USM as a 2 seed. Don't look now, but Jackson State has been spicy lately.

Yeah, that would be a good draw for them, although the prospects of Southern Miss beating them in their own regional are very fun to think about.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,160
5,711
113
Yeah, that would be a good draw for them, although the prospects of Southern Miss beating them in their own regional are very fun to think about.

Can USM get past Tulane? Was that Friday night pitcher we faced that good? Or did we just make him look good?
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Yeah, that would be a good draw for them, although the prospects of Southern Miss beating them in their own regional are very fun to think about.

A super at the dude with the mustard buzzards would be fun.
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,686
24,540
113
Mississippi State, Jackson State, Florida State & South Alabama. -> Arizona in Starkville.

I feel like I've seen this episode before.
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,632
19,348
113
Hugh Freeze must have given all their men sports the blue print to recruiting. Football team ranked post season bowl game. Basketball team NCAA tourney. Now the baseball team.
 

LandArchDawg

Junior
Sep 14, 2003
2,582
248
63
How much does Florida State hate facing us in the regionals? Happens so often I'm surprised it isn't more of a rivalry.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,462
27,304
113
As long as we won it.

 

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,009
1,977
113
As a USM fan, sign me up for that regional. Ole Miss is good, but we can win that regional. This USM team is young and has gotten better as the year has gone on. We actually have good pitching depth, and the bats have gotten much better. Tulane doesn’t scare me.

I would give us a 40% chance of coming out of the Oxford regional. 10% or less if we get sent to Starkville. Also, and don’t flame me, I predict that USM will be on the hosting bubble at the end of the year. What does that mean in 2021? Who the hell knows.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
As a USM fan, sign me up for that regional. Ole Miss is good, but we can win that regional. This USM team is young and has gotten better as the year has gone on. We actually have good pitching depth, and the bats have gotten much better. Tulane doesn’t scare me.

I would give us a 40% chance of coming out of the Oxford regional. 10% or less if we get sent to Starkville. Also, and don’t flame me, I predict that USM will be on the hosting bubble at the end of the year. What does that mean in 2021? Who the hell knows.

C-USA is having a good year. LA Tech, USM, Charlotte, and Old Dominion are all Top 25 RPI teams on the hosting bubble at the very least. LA Tech is pushing for national seed consideration.

I won’t lie to you, the USM team that showed up to play State in Pearl looked really rough. But you guys seem to have come a long way since then. Don’t know how realistic hosting is since the decision is coming sooner, but I could easily see USM being a Regional 1 seed that unfortunately has to travel but would get a more favorable draw than having to play at an SEC national seed, which may be your path if you’re a 2 seed.
 
Last edited:

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,633
12,103
113
I love how they have to get a West coast team in there. For 3 weeks it was Arizona despite being ranked 16th in their own poll. If no team west of Texas has the resume for a National seed then none of those teams should get one.
 

msstatelp1

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2012
2,098
1,283
113
A Tulane guy on Reddit was wanting to be in our regional cause they had "a score to settle."
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
I love how they have to get a West coast team in there. For 3 weeks it was Arizona despite being ranked 16th in their own poll. If no team west of Texas has the resume for a National seed then none of those teams should get one.

There apparently will be more of a geographic emphasis this year than normal years. Granted, I think somebody like Oregon is legitimately good enough to host. But some others will be thrown a bone at the expense of a deserving team in the Southeast/Southwest. Wouldn’t shock me at all if there is a Big 10 host.

I would be sweating if I was Ole Miss. They’ve lost three series in a row and don’t have much margin for error the next 2-3 weeks if they want to stay safely in a host spot.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense