D Line going forward

OopsICroomedmypants

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
2,395
3,383
113
Since it looks like Trevion Williams and Moye are out for the season who steps up? I don't know enough about the players to speculate, but I did count 16 d-linemen on the roster. Most of them are around 300lbs give or take. I did note that R-FR Tyshun Willis is 6'2" and 260 now. He was a 4 star out of Velma Jackson that played QB, RB, LB and everything else for them. He's a great athlete, so I'd like to see him in there even though he's a tweener size wise.
 

OopsICroomedmypants

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
2,395
3,383
113
I thought Amaree Williams (#4) really flashed yesterday. He made plays in space and in the backfield.

I know he’s not a 300lb guy, but it was good to see.
Agree. He is the defensive end we need. He played both TE and DE at Florida State, so this is his first season full time defense. He also had an INT that was overturned due to a penalty.
 

theoriginalSALTYdog

All-Conference
Jul 10, 2021
1,919
2,451
113
Since it looks like Trevion Williams and Moye are out for the season who steps up? I don't know enough about the players to speculate, but I did count 16 d-linemen on the roster. Most of them are around 300lbs give or take. I did note that R-FR Tyshun Willis is 6'2" and 260 now. He was a 4 star out of Velma Jackson that played QB, RB, LB and everything else for them. He's a great athlete, so I'd like to see him in there even though he's a tweener size wise.
Is Moye out for the season as well?
 

BoDawg.sixpack

All-Conference
Feb 5, 2010
5,830
3,539
113
I think our contingency plan will likely be to move Whitson inside if we can't get any push in the middle of the line with our backups.
 
  • Like
Reactions: msudog79

Howiefeltersnstch

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2019
2,883
3,534
98
I would imagine we will see more of Gus Cordova. Maybe some of the freshmen. Tico Crittendon or Caleb Morris maybe.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,304
14,848
113
I thought Amaree Williams (#4) really flashed yesterday. He made plays in space and in the backfield.

I know he’s not a 300lb guy, but it was good to see.

Was about to start a thread on him. He looked like the 4 star he was yesterday. 10 solo tackles.

He is a bit of an athletic freak so it’s taken a while for him to settle into the right role, but I think he’s found it. Could be a star for us.
 

skip dog

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2005
1,431
1,187
93
I never really follow specific players, just not my thing, I follow the "unit" as a whole (off/def).......it's good to hear that we have capable back ups that can step up to the opportunity
 
  • Like
Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama