Crystal Death 2021

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,492
113
Memphis/Desoto County peeps, it's icy this morning, huh? Pleasantly surprised that there are so few power outages....there's a pretty decent amount of ice out there.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,880
17,153
113
Thankfully roads were not bad for me

But I only traveled busy roads in town. Many coworkers claim to be iced in
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,302
24,442
113
All depends on where you are. In Hernando the streets are fine but go out of town and they’re slick as hell. I-69 is pretty icy going west from 55.
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,302
24,442
113
At a little before 6 this morning it was thundering and lightning with hail and freezing rain at my house. Pure insanity. Hopefully it’s about to stop because **** was about to get real. Trees are swaying pretty good and the power lines are drooping.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,492
113
At a little before 6 this morning it was thundering and lightning with hail and freezing rain at my house. Pure insanity. Hopefully it’s about to stop because **** was about to get real. Trees are swaying pretty good and the power lines are drooping.

It looks like we may see a little more light stuff over the next 90 minutes or so, but it's coming to an end. And I agree...just in time. We probably have about a half inch of ice....much more than that and you've got big problems.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,492
113
I was starting to get flashbacks to 94.

What's funny is how bad the local weather guys are. Last night the channel five guy was saying it was trending toward lighter precipitation. Of course, noaa was saying the opposite, and we woke up to a thunderstorm with freezing rain downpours.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,030
10,191
113
We're under a Winter Storm Warning for up to 1/4 inch of ice here in Central Texas. Heavy freezing rain with sleet right now at 28 degrees in Leander.

Forecasting 1-4 inches of sleet and snow Sunday through Monday with temps from single digits to the mid twenties. Then models are showing another possible winter event next Wed-Thur.

News last night night said it had been decades since Austin had such temps and weather. I have seen it cold in Feb but I have seen it be in the low 90's.
 
Sep 21, 2017
975
760
93
I don't think we started to have a significant ice accumulation on the trees at my house until after the sun came up. Hopefully the trees hold strong and we don't get anymore rain today.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,492
113
I don’t watch the TV guys.

I don't either, but the wife does, and likes to argue with me about it. I'll tell her what the weather is going to do, and she argues with me, "well, that's not what Ron Childers says." You'd think she'd have learned a lesson by now.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,880
17,153
113
I don't either, but the wife does, and likes to argue with me about it. I'll tell her what the weather is going to do, and she argues with me, "well, that's not what Ron Childers says." You'd think she'd have learned a lesson by now.
Just accept that you’re wrong and move on. Or for fun, beat her to the punch and mimic Ron next time. Got to keep them guessing which direction your gonna come from.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,492
113
Just accept that you’re wrong and move on. Or for fun, beat her to the punch and mimic Ron next time. Got to keep them guessing which direction your gonna come from.

If I'm going to mimic that guy, I've got to dye my hair jet black and then gray, get fat (more than I already am), and fall in love with the sound of my voice. That station has traditionally had some decent meteorologists on staff, and for the life of me, I don't know how they landed on Ron Childers when Dave Brown retired.

If I had to pick a TV meteorologist to watch, it would be John Bryant on ABC 24. Pretty straight forward, and a state alum (and pretty passionate about it). He used to be on 5 and probably should have gotten the job when Brown retired.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,652
12,156
113
I don't either, but the wife does, and likes to argue with me about it. I'll tell her what the weather is going to do, and she argues with me, "well, that's not what Ron Childers says." You'd think she'd have learned a lesson by now.
Oh man, do I feel your pain. My favorite is when she uses the futurecast to make plans on the hour based on where they predict heavy rain 16 hours from now. Same guys that said Sally was going to be a strong Tropical Storm headed for Mississippi.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,492
113
Just put Britney Bryant on all the time. Smoke show.

Yeah, she looked nice in her tight dress this morning. But she also said it may get to 40 degrees tomorrow, which I'm not buying. Maybe they just need better forecasting software.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Oh man, do I feel your pain. My favorite is when she uses the futurecast to make plans on the hour based on where they predict heavy rain 16 hours from now. Same guys that said Sally was going to be a strong Tropical Storm headed for Mississippi.


Good thing they were 100% correct and there were no major problems in the Pensacola/Gulf Breeze area in the aftermath of the storm**

Are they going to have the bridge back up soon or am I screwed out of my pompano run again this year?
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,652
12,156
113
April. But we are all calling BS. Looks like you are gonna have to take Garcon if you want pomps. Pick me up if you head to Navarre.
 

garddog

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2008
793
100
43
You Memphis area folks just need to find an empty parking lot and have some fun. Used to have a great time with a couple of the Shelby County deputies every time it iced up when I lived there.
 

msudawg12

Senior
Dec 9, 2008
3,966
714
113
Just drove to Little Rock today through Greenville and up. Definitely had some spots that were rougher but wasnt bad. In 3 hours, its going to be ugly.

Have to get to Ridgedale, MO tomorrow going to Big Cedar. A little worried. The part that scares me is that I'm scheduled to come back monday. It shows a high of 9 and a low of -2 with rain and snow.... May get stuck there for a few days
 

moturfdog

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
166
4
18
Welcome msudawg12

You are correct we are expecting a significant snow event here in the Branson area. At the moment roads are good from Harrison into Big Cedar and maybe even farther down toward Little Rock; I haven’t been that far today. Hope you will be able to enjoy your visit to Big Cedar.
 

TrueMaroonGrind

All-Conference
Jan 6, 2017
4,129
1,699
113
But I only traveled busy roads in town. Many coworkers claim to be iced in

We didn’t drive today but our road and trees are super icy. A 20 foot limb fell in our road. I cleared it off and it was covered in ice pretty good. One skinny pine tree is leaning but hasn’t fallen yet. I’ll get it cut down if it doesn’t fall during this ice storm.
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,302
24,442
113
Getting stuck at Big Cedar isn’t a bad thing. We were there a couple of weeks ago and just missed getting snowed in.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,059
2,812
113
Weather Channel says +2F for Austin for Tuesday morning. Not sure where the airport (presumably the official weather reporting site) is there, but would imagine the suburbs could drop below zero out of the heat island.
 

TrueMaroonGrind

All-Conference
Jan 6, 2017
4,129
1,699
113
Right now some models are suggesting an ice event Monday with snow at the tail end of it.

That wouldn’t be good. I don’t see how this ice will fully melt plus adding on more will make a lot of power line and tree issues.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama