Croom is waiting for a pick 6...

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,494
31,717
113
I know a couple of people on this board who prediced we wouldn't get all those pick 6's again this year like we did last year.
 

ArrowDawg

Redshirt
Oct 10, 2006
2,041
0
0
I was someone who was saying that much earlier this year. I'm not proud of it or happy about it, but I knew in my heart that we had to get a whole lot better on offense if we wanted to sustain any success. It was just obvious to me that our success in 2008 was based on turnovers and pick-6s, and you simply can't expect to keep winning games like that. Last season was a rare exception.
 

MaxwellSmart

All-Conference
May 28, 2007
2,613
1,046
113
dawgstudent said:
but I thought our offense might have been a little more productive.
I pretty much gave up on that after the performance in the Egg and Liberty Bowls. When Wes had to come up with the winning drive it looked obvious to me we were in for more of the same. I was woolly enough to think we'd win all the non-conference games except G.Tech with our defense. I don't now.
 

karlchilders.sixpack

All-Conference
Jun 5, 2008
21,102
4,880
113
Last years performance would be very difficult to match...******** article ( thats what I was thinking while reading it).
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,494
31,717
113
and the other 11 teams in the conference combines for only 11 and a lot of our players/coaches/fans act like it was all because we just had good DBs. We did have good DBs, but when you get that many pick-sixes in one season, there's a hell of a lot of luck involved too.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama