Costco paying $29.50 per hour?

purkey

Heisman
Feb 5, 2003
195,624
20,884
113
I guess they are unionized. Didn't know that, but that's $60,000 a year. I think they start you at $17 an hour so she must have been there a while.
 
Jun 11, 2001
25,752
30,233
68
Convenience store a few miles from my house in Edmond starting pay is $13/hour with a raise after 30 days. Says so on the door. Across the street is section 8 housing. Place still can’t find people to work.
 

tcpoke

Heisman
Oct 21, 2004
22,189
25,550
81
Hobby Lobby is raising their minimum wage to $18.50 an hour in 2022. It’s going to cause even more inflation in construction costs (especially around OKC area) as subcontractors aren’t going to be able to compete with that pay scale for a job where people get to work inside a warehouse (or store) every day.
 

purkey

Heisman
Feb 5, 2003
195,624
20,884
113
it's been going on for a while...my yard guy is telling me he's having to pay through the nose to keep his help because of the competition.
 

Marocain Poke

Heisman
Sep 1, 2020
11,560
26,491
113
You mean the labor MARKET is determining wages and not the nanny state? SHOCKED I tells ya!
 

SquinkY5786

Heisman
Dec 21, 2005
48,227
57,500
68
Hobby Lobby is raising their minimum wage to $18.50 an hour in 2022. It’s going to cause even more inflation in construction costs (especially around OKC area) as subcontractors aren’t going to be able to compete with that pay scale for a job where people get to work inside a warehouse (or store) every day.
Great all my Knick knacks are gone go up.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: tcpoke

Syskatine

Heisman
Sep 7, 2008
16,689
11,204
113
Starting wages for oilfield truckers was loony last time I saw. Good for the working man, I guess...
 

Colorado_Poke

All-American
Jul 29, 2006
6,876
8,997
0
Starting wages for oilfield truckers was loony last time I saw. Good for the working man, I guess...
The oilfield has always been the great equalizer in that it doesn't care how much education you have or what background you came from; it's all about work ethic and your ability to follow directions.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated OSI Preview | Week 5 Bye for Oklahoma State
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Wrestling Sergio Vega now 149, Oklahoma State lineup wars heating up
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  5. 05 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4