Congratulations Olu

HarrisburgDave

All-Conference
Dec 29, 2016
1,259
1,932
113
Good for him. He has a good head on his shoulders. He probably has an investment strategy ready for when his check clears.

Back in the 1970s when I got my first real job I was making $24,000 a year and I thought I had it made. I bought my first new car, got myself a real apartment, began to pay down my $15,000 in college loan debt, and had enough left over to take two vacations a year and date the future Mrs. HarrisburgDave. Except for the alcoholism and drug addiction I had it made.
 
Last edited:

psykim

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
3,776
4,840
113
HarrisburgDave-For my first job, and this was with a Ph.D. in clinical psychology and following internship, I only made $18000. I wanted to work in State College-as my girlfriend at the time was still in school at PSU, but they offered me $14000. Glad I had fellowships/research assistants at PSU, so I had no loans to repay. That was in 1979 as I graduated the prior year.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Can a Penn State offensive lineman getting healthier help unlock the Penn State offense? It's something to watch
  2. 02 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State ‘not going to waver’ after back-to-back losses
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Stat Recap: How have Penn State's 2027 commits performed halfway through their senior seasons?
  4. 04 BWI Football What did we learn from USC coach Lincoln Riley during his first Penn State week news conference? See top takeaways here
  5. 05 BWI Football Everything Penn State coach Matt Campbell said to kick off USC week