Congrats to Carson Wentz

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
Will be making $78 million guaranteed over the next 2 years to hold a clipboard.
 

msudawg12

Senior
Dec 9, 2008
3,966
714
113
But the damn media debated for 3 years while he underachieved that he was better than Dak. Shiiiiiiit....
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,638
7,898
113
The list of QBs that I’m convinced are better than Dak is shrinking. Mahomes, Rodgers, I guess Russel Wilson...

Who else is definitively better?
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
The list of QBs that I’m convinced are better than Dak is shrinking. Mahomes, Rodgers, I guess Russel Wilson...

Who else is definitively better?

That’s pretty much the list. And Rodgers / Wilson aren’t worth what Dak is from a standpoint of looking forward over the next 5 years or so.
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
Mayfield is having a good year and so is Josh Allen.

Surely you aren’t putting Mayfield up there with Dak. He has just 2 games all year with over 300 yards passing, and has had 6 games under 200 yards. Dak has had more games this season with over 450 yards passing than Mayfield has had over 300 yards, and Dak has been out since Week 5.

Josh Allen has had a good year, but this is the first year of his career that he hasn’t been a turnover machine. He has a long way to go to get into the consideration of Top 5 QB’s in the league.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
If I had 78 million guaranteed dollars I would be a ****** quarterback too. I would be far too busy doing other things to worry about studying the playbook or staying in shape or getting sacked by 300# men
 

JungRebel

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
2,606
0
0
Allen is good, he has never turned the ball over in the red zone which is hard to imagine. First year he has really had weapons too. Brees and Jackson are in the conversation. I could see Dak as top 4 at best right now, top 8 at worst. As per tradition though with his age and production he should be paid top 5 right now.

I like what Tannehill is doing right now too. I would say Dak is near the top of Tier 2 QBs.
 
Last edited:

Irondawg

Senior
Dec 2, 2007
2,975
631
113
This could be interesting to see if someone thought they could fix Wentz and if the Jets get lucky and get Lawrence the same can be said for Darnold.

I’ll bet the Saints and Patriots are both pretty interested in both of them. Same for a few other teams as well.

Wentz’s contract makes it tough but something can always be worked out
 
Last edited:

msudawg12

Senior
Dec 9, 2008
3,966
714
113
Hearing a lot of talk of Stafford to NE

I hope its not the Pats but i would love to see Stafford get a shot on a competitive team. Have always felt terrible for that guy’s chances of winning everything. Of course, he’s filthy rich so im sure hes ok. But you know hed love a shot
 

Dawgtruc

Junior
Sep 8, 2018
1,117
232
58
The list of QBs that I’m convinced are better than Dak is shrinking. Mahomes, Rodgers, I guess Russel Wilson...

Who else is definitively better?

I remember when experts said Jared Goff was an elite QB. The Rams lost to the winless Jets yesterday.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Recruiting JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Baseball Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting "Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?