If this had been a normal year, we're probably 6-6 with a small bowl like this so I'm satisfied. He showed glimpses of what the offense can do. I have been dreading this year for a while, knowing that Merlinator hadn't recrooted any offensive linemen in 2016 and 2017. Slophead would have absolutely went 3-9 or whatever, probably 1-9 or 3-8 in the COVID schedule.
On paper, at the beginning of the year, it appeared we had bridged the gap that was left, with Costello, Shavers, Hill coming back, Lashley, etc., but they all proved to be paper tigers and it was back to the drawing board midway through, looking like it was supposed to look from the beginning.
He's proven he can recruit QBs and WRs, so I'm board. Leach also seems to have a 'chip on shoulder' mentality that I think our players love, as was evidenced yesterday.