Comcast Internet Question

JacksonDevilDog

Freshman
Jan 13, 2008
3,390
61
48
I am thinking about dropping cable and going with internet broadcasts, hulu, netflix, appleTV, etc. If I keep my internet through comcast, will I still be able to use the watchespn app on my iPad/iPhone without the actual cable service?
 

Cohendawg

Redshirt
Sep 18, 2006
404
0
0
I dumped comcast TV services and switched to DirecTV a little over a year ago but kept the comcast internet. I'm still able to watch ESPN3 with only an internet subscription.
 

JacksonDevilDog

Freshman
Jan 13, 2008
3,390
61
48
I just don't watch much cable. Most of the content that i view is internet streaming anyway. Just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to have a "cable" subscription.
 

tupelotim

Redshirt
Feb 4, 2008
683
0
0
Comcast internet only is $60.95. With limit basic cable internet is $46.95 + $18.95 basic cable = $65.90. I'm supposed to get about 17 channels in SD. I get about 125 channels in SD and the networks in HD. So for $5.00 more bucks a month it's not a bad deal. I get all the ESPNs, CSS, and most everything else they offer in low def.
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,551
22,380
113
I thought they weren't and you have to have a TV subscription to use the WatchESPN app. You can still use ESPN3 though.
 

freddawg

Redshirt
Oct 2, 2009
105
0
16
They also have the other ESPN channels in the app, but if you don't have a TV subscription, you can only use the ESPN3 option.
 

lazlow

Senior
Jul 9, 2009
1,325
633
113
dawgstudent said:
I thought they weren't and you have to have a TV subscription to use the WatchESPN app. You can still use ESPN3 though.


On my watchespn app I can watch espn,espn2,espn3,and espnu. Because my wife never wants to go anywhere until i want to watch something I basically watched
the entire sec tourney on my iPhone. I'd dump everything on CC except for Internet and basic if others in my household would cooperate. Choose your battles I guess. At least with netflix there's no need for another $50 in stupid movie channels.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list