Collins post-game press conference

lou v

All-Conference
Staff member
Aug 27, 2004
18,056
3,243
98
Chris Collins was clearly not happy with the officiating last night, pointing out the huge free throw disparity. He also took a shot at them at the end, saying Thompson didn’t even get called when he was trying to foul BMac on the last possession.

There’s a bit of a kerfluffle because Collins claimed Pardon was getting stitches from an elbow he took from Haas, and InsideNU is reporting that Pardon didn’t get stitches.

Here’s the video:

 
Jul 25, 2011
7,751
664
113
A coach exaggerated....run him out of the program
Maybe not even that...maybe after the elbow a trainer said "Dererk's bleeding, might need stitches"...and then he ended up not needing stitches and Collins never got the memo. Maybe a trainer was checking out Dererk's lip/mouth as Collins was leaving to go do the conference and Collins just assumed.

There are multiple possibilities, but no. He must have lied, and it's probably indicative of some sort of deeply ingrained character flaw, per the iNU peanut gallery. I mean, after all, Collins is far from squeaky clean...

JFC.
 

Mr Wickerpark

Redshirt
Dec 28, 2016
2,864
33
0
Maybe collins needs to focus on changing who takes the last shot. Its not working. Bmac has self destructed with 5 turnovers in the last 2 minutes of our 2 big games.
 

Pete Purple

Redshirt
Mar 6, 2012
648
31
0
C’mon, it was an in-the-moment comment and I’m sure Collins thought he was getting stitches. Maybe they used superglue instead. Maybe he got stiches. Maybe they stopped the bleeding and wanted to wait until the swelling decreased. It’s irrelevant unless you really think Collins is not being truthful. That’s ridiculous imo, but is your prerogative. If you believe that’s the case go back to your msg board and whine to someone who cares.

P.S. Great effort by both teams, pretty good officiating, and you won. Enjoy it.
 

Pete Purple

Redshirt
Mar 6, 2012
648
31
0
C’mon, it was an in-the-moment comment and I’m sure Collins thought he was getting stitches. Maybe they used superglue instead. Maybe he got stiches. Maybe they stopped the bleeding and wanted to wait until the swelling decreased. It’s irrelevant unless you really think Collins is not being truthful. That’s ridiculous imo, but is your prerogative. If you believe that’s the case go back to your msg board and whine to someone who cares.

P.S. Great effort by both teams, pretty good officiating, and you won. Enjoy it.
Sorry guys, I thought I was replying to a Purdue fan posting.
 

mikewebb68

Senior
Oct 24, 2009
9,814
504
113
Now that I've seen the play, given Dererk's reaction to the elbow. I would not be surprised if he needed stitches. He is a tough customer who hardly reacts to anything; witness the fracture last year when I thought he was actually going to go back into the game...
 
Jul 25, 2011
7,751
664
113
Now that I've seen the play, given Dererk's reaction to the elbow. I would not be surprised if he needed stitches. He is a tough customer who hardly reacts to anything; witness the fracture last year when I thought he was actually going to go back into the game...
What point in the second half was it?
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Snap Counts Analysis
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Northwestern couldn't dream of a better win over Penn State
  3. 03 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Northwestern opens Ryan Field by running over Penn State, 34-13
  5. 05 Wildcat Report What the new Ryan Field means to Northwestern