Coach Pikiell

Ray6232010

Senior
Jun 23, 2001
4,483
739
57
I love when Coach Pikiell went this line up off Corey Sanders, Nigel Johnson, Mike Williams, Eugene Omoruyi & CJ Gettys or Candido Sa.
 

rufeelinit

All-Conference
May 16, 2010
12,647
4,351
0
I was thinking at some point he was going to put Thiam on Scott. Thiam was guarding this 5-10 kid for extended periods of time. He was doing a pretty good job and I thought his length might bother Scott.
 

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Heisman
Jul 31, 2011
33,091
38,060
113
I think we can put to rest the questions about Thiam as a perimeter defender at 6'9. He was on a quick 5'10 guard at times and had the lateral quickness to stay in front of him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cubuffsdoug_rivals

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Heisman
Jul 31, 2011
33,091
38,060
113
Props to @Russ Wood During the coaching search he was the first guy I saw mention Pikiell as a good candidate for Rutgers, even while we all were pushing for bigger names. I think Russ had him as his # 1 or # 2 coach that Rutgers should go after.....maybe the Providence coach was his first choice.
 

Russ Wood

Heisman
Oct 12, 2011
94,313
45,145
0
Props to @Russ Wood During the coaching search he was the first guy I saw mention Pikiell as a good candidate for Rutgers, even while we all were pushing for bigger names. I think Russ had him as his # 1 or # 2 coach that Rutgers should go after.....maybe the Providence coach was his first choice.
Thanks. Coach Pikiell was they guy I felt was the best realistic choice for Rutgers. Glad the team is having early season success.

Although, at one point in the process, a couple of my sources told me that Pikiell-to-Rutgers was unlikely to happen and I posted that on this board. Clearly they...and as a result I...were wrong about that.

Strange, my finders fee check has not been sent by the RU athletic director yet lol
 
Last edited:

mikefla

All-Conference
Nov 19, 2012
6,450
1,552
0
wow,,,,knows the game,,,recruits well...teaches well and HAS a game plan
what a difference a real coach makes !
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Greg Schiano Presser Recap + Early Thoughts on Indiana - TKR Pod
  2. 02 The Knight Report Four-Star Forward Brandon Woodard commits to Rutgers Basketball
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Wrestling's Newest Star Anthony Knox Addresses His Past and Looks Ahead
  4. 04 The Knight Report Full 2026-27 Rutgers Wrestling Schedule Released
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football HC Greg Schiano talks Indiana game week