CFP embarrassment

gamecock stock

All-Conference
Jan 21, 2022
3,693
3,331
113
Yeah, I thought of this thread last night too.

I would say that last night shows Miami belonged.
Oh yes. I think Miami was ranked 10th in the final regular season poll. I believe their performances in the playoffs strengthens the momentum to expand to 16 to get rid of the byes, sooner rather than later. An argument can be made that a bye helps and hurts. Why mess around with byes? Just go to 16 putting participants on equal footing. Just limit it to P4 schools. Let the G5 schools have their own playoffs. Giving them their own playoffs makes it a "win-win" for everybody.
 

KingWard

All-American
Feb 15, 2022
8,588
8,763
113
Oh yes. I think Miami was ranked 10th in the final regular season poll. I believe their performances in the playoffs strengthens the momentum to expand to 16 to get rid of the byes, sooner rather than later. An argument can be made that a bye helps and hurts. Why mess around with byes? Just go to 16 putting participants on equal footing. Just limit it to P4 schools. Let the G5 schools have their own playoffs. Giving them their own playoffs makes it a "win-win" for everybody.
No byes; no home games, no selection by the consensus of stakeholders. 16 teams, 14 bowls, one championship game.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Everything South Carolina head coach Shane Beamer said on Tuesday leading up to matchup with Florida
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football Breaking down South Carolina's turnover problem
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Shane Beamer shares update on transfer kicker Ethan Sanchez: 'It doesn't seem promising'
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football Shane Beamer talks slow start for Nyck Harbor in senior season at South Carolina
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football How South Carolina's offense stacks up statistically with the rest of the SEC