***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,020
9,185
113
Harris is hurt. Not sure this isn't the same "lower leg" injury that Boston has had since before the pre season that she hurt during Unrivaled.
If I'm remembering correctly, she went down and landed with her left leg underneath her. I remember the announcer saying "Look between the official's legs to see the injury". I could be wrong, so somebody correct me plz. She grabbed her lower leg after she went down.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: KurtWarner

Legend12

Heisman
Dec 16, 2022
10,687
34,243
113
Stop by Lake Mead and see if there's any water left, will you?

Cactus Desert GIF by DrSquatch
 

Kceasthawk@77

All-American
Feb 2, 2005
3,989
7,052
113
If I'm remembering correctly, she went down and landed with her left leg underneath her. I remember the announcer saying "Look between the official's legs to see the injury". I could be wrong, so somebody correct me plz. She grabbed her lower leg after she went down.
That was Harris's injury, not Boston's. They showed a replay of Boston's and it looked like she just knocked knees with another player. I don't think it was much and I'd imagine she could have gone back in if the game wasn't basically a crap show already.
 

IowaCityLit

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2025
1,561
2,476
113
Fever front office is incompetent and weak. They’ve gone from a 6th seed to a 6th seed to a 6th seed under 2 diff coaches and 2 different styles. Miscalculated the value of AB tremendously, signed Lexi to a misguided contract (overstating her value) and doing nothing to address the teams weaknesses and limitations.

The biggest mistake was assuming they had a true Big 3 good enough to win a title by placing marginal pieces around them. What they’ve done is self-impose a ceiling that is lower than a lot of folks think. At least for now.
 

pablow

All-American
Mar 13, 2010
1,304
6,857
113
Fever front office is incompetent and weak. They’ve gone from a 6th seed to a 6th seed to a 6th seed under 2 diff coaches and 2 different styles. Miscalculated the value of AB tremendously, signed Lexi to a misguided contract (overstating her value) and doing nothing to address the teams weaknesses and limitations.

The biggest mistake was assuming they had a true Big 3 good enough to win a title by placing marginal pieces around them. What they’ve done is self-impose a ceiling that is lower than a lot of folks think. At least for now.
Do you consider SW to be a part of the front office?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hawksfor3

IowaCityLit

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2025
1,561
2,476
113
Do you consider SW to be a part of the front office?
That’s a good question. Coaches often have major input on personnel decisions. It’s just hard to know how much input she has. Unlike some, I think her coaching has been fine. Not great but fine. Again, there’s a bit of a misperception about the Fever talent because of how dynamic the backcourt is. Folks inflate the Fever based on their best 2 players and ABs reputation. The roster as a whole is bottom 4-5 in the league top to bottom imo. It’s why the Fever only have a winning record against one other playoff team (Aces).

I don’t think the best coach available would be doing that much better with this overall roster.
 

IowaCityLit

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2025
1,561
2,476
113
Also, I think SW deserves some credit for CCs development on the defensive end. When CC asserts herself and is committed on the defiance end, she can be disruptive. I credit SW for bringing out CCs feistiness on the defensive side. Needs to be more consistent but it’s definitely progress.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Natchrlman2
Feb 25, 2008
32,384
31,379
113
Fever front office is incompetent and weak. They’ve gone from a 6th seed to a 6th seed to a 6th seed under 2 diff coaches and 2 different styles. Miscalculated the value of AB tremendously, signed Lexi to a misguided contract (overstating her value) and doing nothing to address the teams weaknesses and limitations.

The biggest mistake was assuming they had a true Big 3 good enough to win a title by placing marginal pieces around them. What they’ve done is self-impose a ceiling that is lower than a lot of folks think. At least for now.
Boston's injury plaguing her all season certainly didn't help, but Stephanie White's iso ball style and essentially eliminating the pick and roll option from their offense was nothing but a detriment to her role on the team.
 

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,020
9,185
113
That was Harris's injury, not Boston's. They showed a replay of Boston's and it looked like she just knocked knees with another player. I don't think it was much and I'd imagine she could have gone back in if the game wasn't basically a crap show already.
It was a response to this post below. Line #1: 1st sentence only.
Harris is hurt. Not sure this isn't the same "lower leg" injury that Boston has had since before the pre season that she hurt during Unrivaled.
 

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,020
9,185
113
Stopped by the Hoover Dam on the way back from AZ through Utah. It was pretty low also, and yes Lake Mead is really low. They keep talking about more development in the area. Not sure what there going to use for a water supply.
Makes no sense why the developers would BS potential owners like that. There's supposed to be a guarantee of water for something like 100 years or more in contracts. Talking about the multi-million dollar homes around Lake Las Vegas.
 

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,020
9,185
113
The Lynx got a bad draw. The Liberty historically neutralize their offense by having Stewie at the hub. Plus, Sabrina and Stewie get all the calls. It's going to be tough.
It's like casting into the lake, and catching the same fish over and over.
 

pablow

All-American
Mar 13, 2010
1,304
6,857
113
The Lynx got a bad draw. The Liberty historically neutralize their offense by having Stewie at the hub. Plus, Sabrina and Stewie get all the calls. It's going to be tough.
I flubbed this post - I meant to write that Stewie tends to neutralize the Lynx defense.\, not offense.
 

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
21,825
42,251
113
Clark 2 points 1/12 shooting.

I was mocked for saying that games like that were well within the realm of possibility.
 

Bro D

All-American
Nov 17, 2003
1,674
6,397
113
3 all stars and get 6 seed.
Poorly coached. I'm hoping SW has this team ready but I'm skeptical considering what we've seen all year. Hopefully she can bottle some of the magic from last year and use it this year. Will happily eat crow if she can guide them to a trophy, which should be the expectation every single year. Go Fever!
 

nu2u

All-Conference
Aug 10, 2006
10,637
3,196
113
Fever's season will be over by the end of the week. Aces will blow them out with two straight wins.
Maybe. I highly doubt blowout losses. A little defense and a couple breaks can go a long way for a team with a high powered offense. I would have preferred a Rd1 matchup with the Dream.

If you’re Indy cannot allow big runs.
 

WDSMHawk

All-Conference
Jun 30, 2019
1,720
4,520
113
AP awards have been announced

MVP: A'ja
ROY: Olivia Miles
DPOY : Angel Reese
Comeback POTY: CC

1st Team All W
A'ja Wilson
Kelsey Mitchell
Caitlin Clark
Olivia Miles
Breanna Stewart

2nd Team All W

Angel Reese
Paige Bueckers
Jackie Young
Rhyne Howard
Gabbie Williams
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football The Chuck Long Podcast
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Olympics Iowa Field Hockey comes from behind, defeats Ohio State in a non-conference meeting
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Ten Thoughts on Iowa Football
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football FILM BREAKDOWN: Every Hank Brown pass attempt from the game against Michigan