Looking at the stats, the teams made 30 and 29 FGs, 9 and 8 3pt FGs, had the same number of TOs and pts off TOs. The only real difference is the Aces made 28 FTs while the Fever made 14.
I do agree with you that this is a huge FT discrepancy. On the other hand, I believe that if Clark and Mitchell had made a few more shots than they did, the Fever would have pulled this one out. Also, maybe throw in more help from the other starters. Timpson and Hull combined for only 4 points. I get that MA came in off the bench and came up big with a huge 12/12 performance, and that was great to see. But, If your two primary scoring threats don't contribute enough offensively, meaning scoring something like 25/30 each in any combination, then it's difficult to win, especially against a good defense. Tonight, it was a total of only 41 points.