carfax report

Steven Seagal

Senior
Apr 25, 2011
2,929
403
0
Reading the thread about the f150's has convinced me to get one. Only holdup is some dufus hit me on the highway a month ago and I wanted to see if that's showing up on the carfax report so I can assess how much I can get for my trade-in. Does anyone have the ability to pull a free carfax report for me?
 

ThorOdinson13

All-American
Apr 4, 2005
20,110
6,821
46
Reading the thread about the f150's has convinced me to get one. Only holdup is some dufus hit me on the highway a month ago and I wanted to see if that's showing up on the carfax report so I can assess how much I can get for my trade-in. Does anyone have the ability to pull a free carfax report for me?

  1. First, get the VIN for the car
  2. Then search for dealer autocheck inurl:vin
  3. Click on the first search result (right now it leads to an autoexact.com site, but this trick works with other sites as well)
  4. Replace the VIN in the URL with your own. Note that if there's any other information after the VIN, such as an id=####, just replace the VIN and keep the other info intact.
 

russgoodman

Junior
Mar 31, 2007
1,000
255
0
  1. First, get the VIN for the car
  2. Then search for dealer autocheck inurl:vin
  3. Click on the first search result (right now it leads to an autoexact.com site, but this trick works with other sites as well)
  4. Replace the VIN in the URL with your own. Note that if there's any other information after the VIN, such as an id=####, just replace the VIN and keep the other info intact.


That is brilliant!!!!! And it works, I had to test it out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ThorOdinson13
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: Cummings on Oklahoma State at West Virginia