Cards lose to IU again

nccardfan

All-Conference
Sep 5, 2007
10,750
4,795
0
After strong start by Kidston, allowing 4 innings only 1 ER, the Cards bullpen, specifically Filomeno got blown up. Filomeno only pitched 1/3 of an inning and gave up 4 runs. Cards lost 9-3 and have lost to IU twice already. IU is 10-8 and the Cards are now 15-5. Kidston must be on pitch count as he only threw about 80 pitches. Not much offense today.
 

Cardiac Red

Heisman
Mar 5, 2012
18,148
15,218
113
Those Damn Hoosiers have our number over the last couple of years for whatever reason, I was working not far from Bloomington today but get couldn't get finished up in time to make the game, looks like I didn't miss much.
 

Bardman

All-American
May 29, 2001
15,473
9,013
0
Sounds like Filomeno is struggling and I wonder how much is mental right now. They may need to go back to using him in very short action opportunities to get him going.
 

nccardfan

All-Conference
Sep 5, 2007
10,750
4,795
0
Bardman,

I believe that is how they used him. Kidston started 4 innings then Filomeno. Didn't make it out of an inning.
 

Louisvillian

All-Conference
Oct 27, 2006
7,715
4,470
0
I'm guessing Filomeno's fastball isn't moving much and good hitters are just sitting on it.
 
Cardinal Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Cardinal Sports Football Projecting Louisville's defensive depth chart going into Wake Forest game
  2. 02 Cardinal Sports Football Projecting Louisville's offensive depth chart going into N.C. State game
  3. 03 Cardinal Sports Football Recruiting Cardinal Sports: Louisville recruiting scoop - 9/30
  4. 04 Cardinal Sports Football Louisville QB Lincoln Kienholz listed as 'questionable' for NC State game
  5. 05 Cardinal Sports Football Recruiting Four-star linebacker Javier McCoy enjoys Louisville football visit