car and house insurance

SquinkY5786

Heisman
Dec 21, 2005
48,219
57,489
68
lately I have been on a kick of trying to reduce my bills. I have always been the guy who didn't do much home work and just went with the well known companies. ATT, direc TV, State Farm etc. I had a friend recently switch from State Farm to farm bureau and almost cut his bill by a 3rd. I am looking at switching from ATT to T-Mobile or Sprint and will save a ton in overages on data. But does anyone have recommendations on car and home insurance??
 

TPOKE

Heisman
Jul 14, 2001
19,086
27,087
113
when we bought our first house we just let the the realtor set up our homeowners insurance through a guy out of their office. BIG mistake. (We already had car insurance through someone else) As we got acclimated and met new people, one was an insurance guy and we became good friends. I asked him to look at everything and combine all insurance under him.He saved us over $700/yr and that was back in the late 90's. Dumb me assuming people would be honest and do the right thing. He's a broker and looks for the best deal. We use Nationwide.
 

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,132
10,604
93
I usually shop mine every two years. Mine only went up $180 this year, so I didn't think it was worth the hassle of changing. I'll probably change again next year. I think I am with Safeco right now.
 

Pokes15

All-Conference
Aug 28, 2006
2,982
1,361
113
I switched from Shelter to Travelers and will save $2,000 this year on home and auto premiums w/ almost the exact same coverage.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: Cummings on Oklahoma State at West Virginia