Canes

RogerThatHeel

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
2,137
2,155
113
I will take the oT
Eh, they blew a golden opportunity to win that in regulation. All they had to do is get the puck out of their end and from there they would have had a good chance for an open net goal at some point the next couple of minutes. Unfortunately, Slavin showed up. We gave Vegas the mo going into the OT I'm afraid.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: mpaer

Mr Winterville

All-Conference
Jul 28, 2025
1,262
3,072
113
Pretty tired today but I'll take it. I'm sure this was already mentioned but Logan Stankoven's effort play behind the Vegas net to get the steal and wraparound goal was pretty epic. That play not only put us on the scoreboard but also tilted the ice our way.
 

KenansDad

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,805
3,919
112
Horrible penalty followed by one of the dumbest plays you’ll ever see for an own goal
 

KenansDad

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,805
3,919
112
It’s time to pull Freddie and bring in Bussi. Freddie has been pathetic this series. 4 goals plus tonight 2 more taken away. One was a stupid own goal but you can’t be this bad in a Stanley Cup final. Garbage effort from the Canes tonight.
 

KenansDad

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,805
3,919
112
Bussi comes in and all of a sudden Canes score 3 goals in 39 seconds … wow! Not over yet
 

KenansDad

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,805
3,919
112
This has been maybe the most amazing comeback I’ve ever seen. Now you gotta win it! This could really break Vegas if the Canes pull this one off
 

Hugh J Hoal

Redshirt
Aug 10, 2025
31
26
18
Totally deflating way to end. Stealing that W after 4-0 deficit would have crushed VGK's spirit. But a second own goal screwed it. So frustrating.
 
  • Like
Reactions: unctarheel1984

unctarheel1984

All-American
Aug 15, 2002
9,439
6,575
101
I loved the win. Best game the Canes have played against the K…nigits.

edition python GIF

I do wish the games started an hour earlier.
 

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,483
3,047
113
Svelnicheck with 2 goals.....but to me Aho seeing one go in is HUGE for the Canes. The whole line had been struggling but Sea Bass desperately needed that.

And how about the Captain turning back the hands of time during this series. Conn Smythe watch
 

unctarheel1984

All-American
Aug 15, 2002
9,439
6,575
101
WRAL story today gives a summary of the current contract situation for the Hurricanes. Almost everyone is under contract for at least another year, many for two more years. Freddie Anderson will be an unrestricted free agent and I hope Dundon can keep him even with Bussi coming on.
 
Last edited:

Mr Winterville

All-Conference
Jul 28, 2025
1,262
3,072
113
A bit rusty (or hungover) tonight. Bussi looked good, as did the penalty kill. Forward lines need to bring more effort and urgency than they showed tonight. I think Rod will address that. Winning Stanley doesn’t magically make us a team that can win via going through the motions.
 

RogerThatHeel

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
2,137
2,155
113
Hmmm...winning last year must have satisfied them. Where's the drive? Not looking good at all. I see a ton of empty seats also.
 
Inside Carolina

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Carolina Football Jason's Five Takeaways: Bellwether Games Up Next for UNC
  2. 02 Inside Carolina Football Greg: UNC's Second Half Woes Continue
  3. 03 Inside Carolina Football Talent Advantage - The Morning After, UNC-Notre Dame Edition
  4. 04 Inside Carolina Basketball Recruiting Photos of Jalen Davis on His UNC Official Visit
  5. 05 Inside Carolina Football Irish Too Good, Too Deep for UNC - The Day After