Can someone explain our running back carries distribution...

Aug 28, 2003
18,519
483
0
I watched our OC tell us that Oz and Janko were going to get a lot of carries going forward. Then we come out with Newby and a guy who supposedly played defense all week. I don't have a problem with who was running the ball as they seem relatively even at this point. However, why the yo-yo about who's playing from game to game?

It's weird. Running backs come and go like crazy...but the offensive line never substitutes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RedSea_rivals91325

regionsdoc

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
2,936
633
71
I watched our OC tell us that Oz and Janko were going to get a lot of carries going forward. Then we come out with Newby and a guy who supposedly played defense all week. I don't have a problem with who was running the ball as they seem relatively even at this point. However, why the yo-yo about who's playing from game to game?

It's weird. Running backs come and go like crazy...but the offensive line never substitutes.

Short answer: no
 

850FloridaRED

Heisman
Sep 19, 2009
8,929
10,674
113
I watched our OC tell us that Oz and Janko were going to get a lot of carries going forward. Then we come out with Newby and a guy who supposedly played defense all week. I don't have a problem with who was running the ball as they seem relatively even at this point. However, why the yo-yo about who's playing from game to game?

It's weird. Running backs come and go like crazy...but the offensive line never substitutes.
A caller on 1620 said it perfectly, "our offense is schizophrenic."

Add to that, when it's crunch time, do you go with a back who doesn't start and saw the field something like two times prior? seriously? it's just beyond any logic. each week i try to understand the play calling and it's so all over the map, it makes zero sense.

I honestly believe had we stuck with the run, mixing up inside with sweeps, and then hitting a few passes mixing it up, we would have managed the game and probably won.

I have never seen an OC take a team completely out of contention to control the clock and manage the game as much as our OC does. Honestly, he either needs to change his philosophy soon and see the light or he needs to go back to the NFL. We need an OC who understands the talent we have, run the damn ball consistently, and manage the clock with some sense of intelligence and logic.
 

Rcnut223

Sophomore
Apr 22, 2004
1,757
193
63
I watched our OC tell us that Oz and Janko were going to get a lot of carries going forward. Then we come out with Newby and a guy who supposedly played defense all week. I don't have a problem with who was running the ball as they seem relatively even at this point. However, why the yo-yo about who's playing from game to game?

It's weird. Running backs come and go like crazy...but the offensive line never substitutes.


No, it makes no sense

Wilbon obviously pissed someone off

Newby is average at best
 
Inside Nebraska

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska OC Dana Holgorsen & DC Rob Aurich reflect on win over Michigan State, preview Maryland
  2. 02 Inside Nebraska Football Rhule: Colandrea sliding, sharp words for Nwaneri & Jones, plus an early eval on Huskers’ transfer class
  3. 03 Inside Nebraska Football Here’s what Nebraska coach Matt Rhule said about Dylan Raiola performance in Oregon’s win over USC
  4. 04 Inside Nebraska Football Injury updates for Jamal Rule & Jacory Barney? Not yet, says Matt Rhule, and he explains why
  5. 05 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska-Indiana kickoff time, TV info announced