Caged Liquor!

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,297
14,841
113
Those fly by night distillers use the cast off barrels of the real whiskey makers in Kentucky to age their ragweed flavored slop.

Stick with the good stuff.****
 
  • Like
Reactions: MaxwellSmart

Bulldog Bruce

All-American
Nov 1, 2007
5,258
6,489
113
If it's locked up obviously they don't want me to have it so I oblige them.

Now if you asked

"What do you want me to buy you?"

Then I might answer Glengoyne 26
 
Last edited:

msualohadog

Senior
Oct 25, 2014
634
933
93
I know which one I'm not choosing, the Laphroig. A buddy of mine got me to try it. So peaty if tasted like I was licking a barn door.

On a related but separate note, I'm curious about the Japanese whiskeys but I'm not a Scotch guy. Which ones taste the most like bourbon?
 

MaxwellSmart

All-Conference
May 28, 2007
2,613
1,046
113
Scotch always tasted to me like a moonshiner made a bad batch and tried to filter it through an old campfire.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: She Mate Me

stateu1

All-Conference
Mar 21, 2016
3,158
1,190
113
will ferrell drinking GIF
 

ETK99

Heisman
Jul 30, 2019
10,399
14,360
112
I've not found a scotch I like but anything heavily peated is trash IMO.
 

DawgNsuds

Senior
Jun 4, 2007
964
708
93
love scotch, but I wont pay those prices. Now as Bruce said, if someone else is picking up the tab, I would like to try the Balvenie, Glenfiddich or the Dalmore, Laphroaig is a different beast altogether.
 

ETK99

Heisman
Jul 30, 2019
10,399
14,360
112
love scotch, but I wont pay those prices. Now as Bruce said, if someone else is picking up the tab, I would like to try the Balvenie, Glenfiddich or the Dalmore, Laphroaig is a different beast altogether.
Everyone says if you find a good one you like, it's better than bourbon. I just haven't found mine yet. Prices are much better than bourbon generally.
 

Bowdawg

Junior
Jan 8, 2023
115
243
38
I don’t drink much at all but I keep the liquor cabinet full for guests and the like. That being said the Balvenie is a nice one to grab.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama