Built in grills - any recs?

Jun 11, 2001
25,752
30,231
68
Finally putting in an outdoor bar and fire pit. Planning on a built in grill and side burner. There are a lot online and prices are all over the place. Any suggestions?
 

BigBobBarker

Sophomore
Apr 2, 2008
706
103
0
I never have been happy with any that I have used. We have a Coyote. Have used kitchen aid and bull a lot over time. Don’t like any of them. Much preferred my Weber Genesis with iron grates. I did have a friend who agreed and built his in. Worked out nicely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: squeak

SquinkY5786

Heisman
Dec 21, 2005
48,226
57,498
68
I never have been happy with any that I have used. We have a Coyote. Have used kitchen aid and bull a lot over time. Don’t like any of them. Much preferred my Weber Genesis with iron grates. I did have a friend who agreed and built his in. Worked out nicely.
Think hasty has a built in
 

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,134
10,613
93
My buddy spent $$$ on a coyote setup. He doesn’t really cook at all so I’m always volunteered to do it. I wouldn’t recommend. It’s impossible to keep the temperature down. They do have outstanding customer service however.
I’ll take me $250 Weber kettle over that 3K grill every day.

When I finally get around to it, I’ll do a BGE and then some type of gas grill for the wife to use.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rmdelta1 and squeak

nathajw

Heisman
Mar 20, 2007
106,640
15,385
113
My buddy spent $$$ on a coyote setup. He doesn’t really cook at all so I’m always volunteered to do it. I wouldn’t recommend. It’s impossible to keep the temperature down. They do have outstanding customer service however.
I’ll take me $250 Weber kettle over that 3K grill every day.

When I finally get around to it, I’ll do a BGE and then some type of gas grill for the wife to use.

BGE or any kamado outdoor grill alone is probably the easiest job for a builder to do, just cut out some space. When we get around to it, wife says only way we can do an outdoor setup for our patio/BGE is to include a flat top grill. She wants a $4,500 Evo like below. I keep telling her I could get her a sick Blackstone griddle with twice the cooking space for less than a tenth of the price. My wisdom is falling on deaf ears.

 
  • Like
Reactions: osutater

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,134
10,613
93
BGE or any kamado outdoor grill alone is probably the easiest job for a builder to do, just cut out some space. When we get around to it, wife says only way we can do an outdoor setup for our patio/BGE is to include a flat top grill. She wants a $4,500 Evo like below. I keep telling her I could get her a sick Blackstone griddle with twice the cooking space for less than a tenth of the price. My wisdom is falling on deaf ears.

That is slick though.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated OSI Preview | Week 5 Bye for Oklahoma State
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Wrestling Sergio Vega now 149, Oklahoma State lineup wars heating up
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  5. 05 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4