Budget Laptop Recommendations?

DavidHasselhoff

Sophomore
Apr 23, 2003
681
146
43
Hey everyone! I’m a teacher switching jobs, and I gotta turn in my work MacBook on the last day of school. I need a cheap laptop to tide me over until my new district hooks me up with a new one in August. I’m not super techy, been using MacBooks for like 10 years, so something easy to use would be awesome. I have seen new M1 MacBook Airs run for about $550, but I don't know if they still hold up or if they are too dated. Any recommendations for a decent budget laptop? I want to spend less than $1000. Thanks!
 

trapped_in_tx

Heisman
Jul 8, 2001
16,363
23,740
97
Hey everyone! I’m a teacher switching jobs, and I gotta turn in my work MacBook on the last day of school. I need a cheap laptop to tide me over until my new district hooks me up with a new one in August. I’m not super techy, been using MacBooks for like 10 years, so something easy to use would be awesome. I have seen new M1 MacBook Airs run for about $550, but I don't know if they still hold up or if they are too dated. Any recommendations for a decent budget laptop? I want to spend less than $1000. Thanks!

If you are used to the Apple ecosystem and you have found a MacBook Air for $550, I would do that.

I highly recommend NOT using your employer issued device for any personal stuff, so that’s a big part of my rec to go with the MB Air.

If you really only need something to tide you over for three months, spend as little as possible on a used iPad.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Kickoff, TV set for Oklahoma State's trip to Houston
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Morris & Co. get busy recruiting in Oklahoma State's bye week
  3. 03 On3 'Bedlam on Ice' to bring Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State rivalry back to Boone Pickens Stadium for club hockey showcase
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers SEC commit, official visit has been set