Briles as OC is officially official

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,818
17,713
113


This got a chuckle out of me. Going to Zesto for a dipped cone rolled in nuts is one of my very fondest memories from childhood. Was happy to be able to take my kids there a few years ago when we came down to the area on spring break to visit family.
 

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 18, 2011
2,927
7,145
113
TOS had smoke coming from a Rushes (given their running joke of people meeting at Rushes to fight). :D
 

SouthernBelly

Senior
Sep 16, 2024
922
700
93
Love Zesto. Used to live less than a mile from there several years ago. It’s a stop anytime I can make it going through the area.
 

SC95

Joined Mar 31, 2008
Jan 31, 2022
661
1,251
93
Tired of reading "SC closing in on Briles. " I want to read "Briles signs SC contract. Press conference scheduled."
 
  • Like
Reactions: cofcgamecock9

cockyferg

Senior
Dec 7, 2010
519
501
63
Is it officially official? I don't see that anywhere. I checked X, The Big Spur, and here, and nobody actually has it being official yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skuddy

cockyferg

Senior
Dec 7, 2010
519
501
63


This got a chuckle out of me. Going to Zesto for a dipped cone rolled in nuts is one of my very fondest memories from childhood. Was happy to be able to take my kids there a few years ago when we came down to the area on spring break to visit family.
I don't see how this applies to the official announcement?
 

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,818
17,713
113
I don't see how this applies to the official announcement?
It's a joke, based on how the Vatican announces the election of a new pope. Do you know what Zesto is? If you don't and you weren't aware of the Vatican thing, then I guess you don't get the joke.

 

cockyferg

Senior
Dec 7, 2010
519
501
63
It's a joke, based on how the Vatican announces the election of a new pope. Do you know what Zesto is? If you don't and you weren't aware of the Vatican thing, then I guess you don't get the joke.

No, I wasn't. I don't really pay attention to the Catholic church. But now that you mention it, it does seem vaguely familiar. I can see what you're doing now. Makes much more sense, haha. Thanks for the explanation.
 

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,818
17,713
113
Never heard of Zesto but sounds good. I grew up in Irmo.

I'm sure it's probably just ok food. Regular soft serve. We couldn't afford to go there for a meal, but every once in a great while, my parents would splurge and take us there for an ice cream cone, which you could get dipped in chocolate and rolled in nuts. Again, I'm sure it's generically good, but priceless memories.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sclawman77
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football The 3-2-1: Key Plays, game balls, and a burning question from the collapse against Kentucky
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina-Kentucky: Instant thoughts, key moments, what this loss means
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina drops overtime heartbreaker to No. 24 Kentucky, 35-34
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football Live updates: South Carolina: 34 No. 24 Kentucky: 35 (FINAL)
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Final SEC injury report is in: Latest on Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy