Bowl Projections post week 5

00Dawg

Senior
Nov 10, 2009
3,313
572
93
Trend from the previous listing will be marked as ▲,▼, or -, if available. Due to SEC bowl tiers, some trends are subjective.

CBS: Gator Bowl vs Pitt ▲
ESPN: Schlabach - Outback Bowl vs Nebraska ▲
ESPN: Bonagura - Music City Bowl vs Penn State -
CFN: Music City Bowl vs Michigan -
Athlon Sports: Gator Bowl vs Clemson ▼
Sports Illustrated: Las Vegas Bowl vs UCLA -
ProFootballNetwork: Gator Bowl vs Wake ▼
USA Today: Belk Bowl vs Clemson - (this can't happen...Belk/Duke's Mayo tie-in is Big 10 this year, not SEC)

Not updated yet:
LouisianaSports.net: Music City Bowl vs Michigan -
LWOS: Music City Bowl vs vs Michigan -

Help needed:
Brett McMurphy for On3: Outback Bowl vs Nebraska ▲
 

MSUDC11-2.0

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
10,915
17,628
113
Is the Outback Bowl back again? I assume you’re referring to what’s been the Reliaquest Bowl for several years.
 

00Dawg

Senior
Nov 10, 2009
3,313
572
93
Is the Outback Bowl back again? I assume you’re referring to what’s been the Reliaquest Bowl for several years.
Yes to keeping the original reference. Same thing with the Belk Bowl. It's a tongue-in-cheek nostalgic nod.
If we get a Citrus Bowl projection, I'll consider using Tangerine Bowl instead. That one's more confusing since the name came back temporarily for a different bowl about 25 years ago.
 

MSUDC11-2.0

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
10,915
17,628
113
Yes to keeping the original reference. Same thing with the Belk Bowl. It's a tongue-in-cheek nostalgic nod.
If we get a Citrus Bowl projection, I'll consider using Tangerine Bowl instead. That one's more confusing since the name came back temporarily for a different bowl about 25 years ago.

lol what’s funny is we literally played in the “Belk” bowl like 9 months ago and I didn’t even remember it’s not the Belk Bowl anymore.
 

DAWGSANDSAINTS

All-Conference
Oct 10, 2022
3,359
3,061
113
I’d probably take a Music City vs Penn St right now or Reliquest/Tampa bowl vs Nebraska right now.
Beat 2 of our next 3 opponents and I would want to re-evaluate 😁
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pilgrimdawg
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Recruiting JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Baseball Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting "Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?