Bowl Game Thread

Gmoney4WW

Heisman
Jul 4, 2007
43,151
15,896
113
That was what Monty kept telling the ref. Pulled back/Giraffe/pulled back/Giraffe/tastes great/less filling.
 

JesseTU

All-Conference
Jan 8, 2007
7,392
1,595
113
Sloppy. Final game of the year, can't hold anything back now...

Seriously though, this is the second time I've seen an odd-timed onside kick work this bowl season. Mental mistake.
 

TU Sepp

All-Conference
Feb 8, 2004
22,043
1,184
0
After the qb sack, I was looking for a flag with another targeting call...
 

JesseTU

All-Conference
Jan 8, 2007
7,392
1,595
113
Wow. They're going for broke. Kudos to them, but too early to not punish them for their risky behavior... Pedal down! I've seen too many teams let off too early and let someone back in the game.
 

TU_BLA

Heisman
Mar 8, 2012
29,777
13,985
113
They told Monty that Shindelar extended his neck in a way to cause intentional helmet to helmet contact.

We'll call Shindelar the Giraffe from now on.
That's BS. Good grief what are they looking at?
 

TU_BLA

Heisman
Mar 8, 2012
29,777
13,985
113
Is Redford just getting better right now? I don't think I've seen him ever kick with this much confidence
 
  • Like
Reactions: TUBballJunkie

TU Sepp

All-Conference
Feb 8, 2004
22,043
1,184
0
Anyone remember the name of the mouthy LB that spoke lightly of TU's offense?
 

JesseTU

All-Conference
Jan 8, 2007
7,392
1,595
113
Seems like they've basically given up on the game tracker. It was 30-3, CMU had the ball after we kicked off. Then they got a 5 yard penalty... now its 34-3 and Lucas scored a touchdown.

Help.

[edit] Figured it out. Defensive offsides gave us a first down. WE scored a TD and then an extra point... tracker indicated we kicked a FG, so I assumed the offisdes was on CMU after the kickoff. Also, I'm not 100% paying attention[/edit]
 

TU_BLA

Heisman
Mar 8, 2012
29,777
13,985
113
So TD Tulsa??? Nice job on the commercial ESPN...
What the hell was that? I thought we just kicked a FG? Did Monty call a TO before the kick or something. It was confusing when they came back to the replay only. ESPN you have some 'splainin to do!
 

Gmoney4WW

Heisman
Jul 4, 2007
43,151
15,896
113
There was a penalty, we took the penalty and went for it on fourth and4 and scored a TD.
 

TU_BLA

Heisman
Mar 8, 2012
29,777
13,985
113
That was fast. Funny thing is we are playing looser on both sides of the ball and we seem to be playing faster than I have ever seen us on both sides. CMU is simply outclassed. MAC is going to request to never play another bowl game against us.
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa Football searching for answers after second straight loss
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa falls 45-44 to North Texas in overtime heartbreaker
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football After Arkansas, Tulsa has to respond — just like it did in 1982
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa gets chance to bounce back against UNT in conference opener