BOT Attendance Story: CDT

ApexLion

Heisman
Nov 1, 2021
6,477
10,985
113
So I was sitting at a restaurant in Athens, Greece with a view of the Acropolis this past Sunday night. Tremendous night, great weather, beautiful backdrop and the restaurant was rooftop, open air etc. Idyllic really. We were a party of 16 from my wife's company. The gentleman and his wife across from us introduce themselves and the man strikes up a conversation -- where ya from, did you go to PSU etc. once he finds out I'm originally from PA. I find out he's a FSU booster. We exchange football takes, discuss the current ACC legislation and he says 'we sent up Eric whatisname to you to be President at Penn State, I'm sorry' and laughs. I say 'I know what you mean. He's gone now, thankfully.' Right then, the phrase 'this is what we are up against flashed thru my head.

How do we routinely end up with morons for leaders at PSU?
 

NittPicker

Heisman
Jun 30, 2001
6,607
14,116
113
I personally wouldn't hold anything against the ex officio or non-voting members even though they seem to be fairly well engaged. Life happens so I wouldn't expect perfect attendance from everybody. But Pegula (5 of 25) and Krieger (2 of 6) make me wonder why they wanted their positions in the first place.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Sharkies and bbrown

GrimReaper

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
6,419
8,876
113
So I was sitting at a restaurant in Athens, Greece with a view of the Acropolis this past Sunday night. Tremendous night, great weather, beautiful backdrop and the restaurant was rooftop, open air etc. Idyllic really. We were a party of 16 from my wife's company. The gentleman and his wife across from us introduce themselves and the man strikes up a conversation -- where ya from, did you go to PSU etc. once he finds out I'm originally from PA. I find out he's a FSU booster. We exchange football takes, discuss the current ACC legislation and he says 'we sent up Eric whatisname to you to be President at Penn State, I'm sorry' and laughs. I say 'I know what you mean. He's gone now, thankfully.' Right then, the phrase 'this is what we are up against flashed thru my head.

How do we routinely end up with morons for leaders at PSU?
Well, the first choice at the time was a grifter.
 

bdgan

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
5,445
5,287
113
I personally wouldn't hold anything against the ex officio or non-voting members even though they seem to be fairly well engaged. Life happens so I wouldn't expect perfect attendance from everybody. But Pegula (5 of 25) and Krieger (2 of 6) make me wonder why they wanted their positions in the first place.
I think Corbett only showed up once.
 

MacNit

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
2,322
2,263
113
So I was sitting at a restaurant in Athens, Greece with a view of the Acropolis this past Sunday night. Tremendous night, great weather, beautiful backdrop and the restaurant was rooftop, open air etc. Idyllic really. We were a party of 16 from my wife's company. The gentleman and his wife across from us introduce themselves and the man strikes up a conversation -- where ya from, did you go to PSU etc. once he finds out I'm originally from PA. I find out he's a FSU booster. We exchange football takes, discuss the current ACC legislation and he says 'we sent up Eric whatisname to you to be President at Penn State, I'm sorry' and laughs. I say 'I know what you mean. He's gone now, thankfully.' Right then, the phrase 'this is what we are up against flashed thru my head.

How do we routinely end up with morons for leaders at PSU?
Bring back Bryce Jordan!
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Friday Penn State-USC availability reports: Did the Lions or Trojans share good injury news 23.5 hours before kickoff?
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting Inside Lasch: Everything Penn State fans need to know ahead of biggest recruiting weekend of Matt Campbell era
  3. 03 BWI Football Projecting Penn State's offensive depth chart vs. USC
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State’s Offensive Struggles Aren’t About Athleticism. Here’s the Data
  5. 05 BWI Football 5 bold predictions for Penn State-USC: Will the Lions get back in the win column at the White Out?