Boogie Ellis announcement

jrtplaya

Junior
Feb 25, 2006
303
276
41
Tonight at 10 eastern. I think we've got a great shot at our second commitment.
 

IPSYCHOSIS

All-Conference
Dec 22, 2016
4,095
1,828
0
I think I’ll be in bed by 9 and won’t think twice about it :) That KY game hurt me the next day...
 

Buzzooka Joe

All-Conference
Feb 20, 2006
1,881
1,242
0
Not being a smart ***.. because I’ve not even watched one mixtape of this kid yet.. so, I’m genuinely curious.. why do we want him?

From what I’ve read, he’s a 6’2” combo/SG.. I personally am not a fan of PG sized players that aren’t true PG’s.. unless they are Allen Iverson or Steph Curry skill level... Frank Jackson was the last player we got that was a PG sized combo guard (and frank was a good bit stronger than what Ellis looks like) - and Frank didn’t seem to like his role at Duke... but then there is Nolan Smith, who flourished at Duke as a PG sized combo guard.. and Seth Curry had a good Duke career (would have been much better without injuries)..

Is Boogie a lights out 3pt shooter? Or does he have good enough PG skills to start at PG and run the offense like T. Jones (Tre or Tyus)? Or is he an unguardable player that can score like Allen Iverson? What is it that makes us want a 6’2” SG - especially if we are super successful this year with none of our “non-PG” players being under 6’6”.

Again, I’m not trashing the kid or saying I don’t want him.. I’m genuinely asking, because I don’t know anything about him other than he’s a thin 6’2” combo guard.

Thanks for any input to help me understand.. I’ll try to watch some film on him later (if he commits to Duke).
 

Jnood

All-Conference
Oct 15, 2008
5,785
1,653
0
Doesn’t he know I’m old, and that I have to be in bed soon?
 

retiredsoldier

All-American
Mar 10, 2012
3,609
5,125
0
"Boogie knights, it's alright, were going to have a party" lol Duke with the Boogie, I meant dance with the Boogie get down.
 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Devils Illustrated Football Recruiting Duke Commit Tracker: How the Blue Devils' Class of 2027 played in Week 7
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  3. 03 On3 Football College Football Rankings: AP Poll Top 25 after Week 5 released
  4. 04 Deacons Illustrated Football My Take on Others: Making no sense
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Basketball Duke dodges injury scare and other Countdown takeaways