Bonzie Colson back tonight for ND

dukiejay

Heisman
Mar 2, 2005
11,293
16,311
0
I know this is off-topic, but I'm happy to see this. Sure, he's been one of those guys that has killed us more than once over the last four years....but injuries suck all around, and I think he had a chance to be in the conversation for All-American.

They get a 'freebie' against Pitt tonight that would make them 8-9 in conference play, then travel to UVA to take on the Cavs on Saturday. Two wins would certainly have to be enough to get in to the dance, don't you think? I'd like to see Bonzie take ND on a mini-run, as long as it's not at our expense. I just feel the kid deserves to go out better than the NIT.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/
 

Mac9192

Heisman
Jan 25, 2017
9,980
14,014
107
If he can be the Bonzie we've seen for 3 years, ND is now a threat against whoever they play.
Quite a few good coaching jobs this year, but I'm not sure anyone has done as good a job as Brey has with this team.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

hallside

Junior
Sep 18, 2005
850
356
0
A true Duke killer. I remember when he was a freshman and played great at ND when they beat us and I thought "Here we go again, a nobody having a career game against us." But he ended up doing that to a whole bunch of teams over the years. It's a shame he had to miss out on what would've been his best year most likely.
 
Mar 10, 2016
872
708
0
Other than the fact that he absolutely kills Duke every time he sees us, I love watching the guy play. Happy for him that his college career isn't ending with an injury.
 
  • Like
Reactions: hart2chesson

DiehardDukeFan4Life

All-Conference
Jan 20, 2011
5,963
3,524
0
If Pitt loses tonight which I’m pretty sure they will. They’ll be 0-18 in ACC play. When was the last time an ACC team didn’t win in a single conference game in a season?
 

DiehardDukeFan4Life

All-Conference
Jan 20, 2011
5,963
3,524
0
Didn't BC go winless a couple years ago?
I decided to look it up after I made my original post and yeah BC went 0-18 in ACC play in 2015-16 and their women’s team went 2-14 and their football team went 0-8. Combined BC went 2-40 in men’s basketball, women’s basketball and football in ACC play in 2015-16.
 

topps coach

All-Conference
Feb 6, 2008
20,901
4,122
0
Hated to see him get hurt.He is one of those kids you want to see graduate because you get tired of him kicking your butt
 
  • Like
Reactions: skysdad

Arlene

All-Conference
Feb 5, 2003
12,869
1,270
63
I know this is off-topic, but I'm happy to see this. Sure, he's been one of those guys that has killed us more than once over the last four years....but injuries suck all around, and I think he had a chance to be in the conversation for All-American.

They get a 'freebie' against Pitt tonight that would make them 8-9 in conference play, then travel to UVA to take on the Cavs on Saturday. Two wins would certainly have to be enough to get in to the dance, don't you think? I'd like to see Bonzie take ND on a mini-run, as long as it's not at our expense. I just feel the kid deserves to go out better than the NIT.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/

Definitely a team that I wouldn’t have to want to play early in the ACC Tourney with Bonzi back.
 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Devils Illustrated Football Watch: New Big J & Little J Show breaks down this weekend's romp and the first 4 games
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting Under the Lights: 5-star prospects battle it out in Oklahoma
  3. 03 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 4
  4. 04 Devils Illustrated Football My Take on Others: Trying to rerack isn't so simple
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Football Recruiting Duke Commit Tracker: How the Blue Devils’ Class of 2027 played in Week 6